Everyone can build in my Town

Started by LukeS , Sep 10 2016 02:22 PM

Best Answer Rey Wayland , 10 September 2016 - 04:41 PM

Something similar happened to me, what I did was to claim every plot (because i was the owner of the town) not let anyone build. Then I added the people that I wanted to build there as friends, so from there only friends can build on my plots.

To do that I did this

-First to make outsiders not be able to build in your towny

/town set perm outside switch off (that will make every option turn off, that's what you want to do)

-Then, In every single plot you own and that you don't want anyone to be messing around with you do

/t claim (if the plot isn't claimed yet, if it is skip this step)

/plot fs (that will put your plot for sale, don't worry it won't keep that that)

/plot claim (the mayor needs to claim the plot for itself)

/plot set perm friend on (to be able to let other people build except you)

/plot set name (name) (If you want name it, that's totally up to you and not mandatory)

Now, we just need the final command to add/remove friends from building in your plot. This needs to be done only once, not in every plot.

/resident friend add (name) (the person must be in town)

or to disable it

/resident friend remove (name)

Please let me know if I did help, or if I didn't help at all please let me know if I can help in any way possible!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LukeS
  • LukeS
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 157 posts
  • IGN:LewkTHEsheW // Luke Schoenheit

Hi, today i was playing in Towny w/ Grace and we had to kick a few people from the town for reasons. So when i did that they could for some reason, still build and break blocks inside the town. At first i thought i had maybe written the wrong IGN but when i did /t he/she was not in the resident list. And people that weren't kicked but had simply never been in the town could also build/break blocks in the town. I thought it might have something to do with the /plot stuff but honestly i don't know. I would highly appreciate this to be fix to prevent people from completely destroying the town. 

-Luke Schoenheit

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

If they are your friends they can build in your plot. That may be it?

LukeS
  • LukeS
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 157 posts
  • IGN:LewkTHEsheW // Luke Schoenheit

I tried typing the command to remove them from my friends but that didnt work.

Rey Wayland
  • Rey Wayland
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 137 posts
  • IGN:Rey Wayland

Best Answer

Something similar happened to me, what I did was to claim every plot (because i was the owner of the town) not let anyone build. Then I added the people that I wanted to build there as friends, so from there only friends can build on my plots.

To do that I did this

-First to make outsiders not be able to build in your towny

/town set perm outside switch off (that will make every option turn off, that's what you want to do)

-Then, In every single plot you own and that you don't want anyone to be messing around with you do

/t claim (if the plot isn't claimed yet, if it is skip this step)

/plot fs (that will put your plot for sale, don't worry it won't keep that that)

/plot claim (the mayor needs to claim the plot for itself)

/plot set perm friend on (to be able to let other people build except you)

/plot set name (name) (If you want name it, that's totally up to you and not mandatory)

Now, we just need the final command to add/remove friends from building in your plot. This needs to be done only once, not in every plot.

/resident friend add (name) (the person must be in town)

or to disable it

/resident friend remove (name)

Please let me know if I did help, or if I didn't help at all please let me know if I can help in any way possible!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users