5 replies to this topic

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hi,

There hasn't been an announcement for a bit, so I thought I would give everyone a little update status message to see into what is going on in the staff perspective.

I'm sure all of you have met Emmae.  No, she is not a real person, but she can be a little cranky.  She happens to be a bot written by me, whose purpose is not just to sit on irc.  She has multiple functions and some of them include responding to you guys.  She also has 5 moods: Happy, Sad, Angry, Frustrated, and Aroused.  She will change her mood based on what you guys say in chat, so be careful about what you say or do, because you can upset her.  She will respond to hello words, goodbye words, how are you/u gud?, who are you or who is Emmae, welcoming new players to the server, as well as if someone asks about class.  If you want to talk to her you should include her name Emma, or Emmae, and if she knows how to respond she will.

We're also working on some plugins.  Right now Pandette has started working on brooms, there is an ongoing effort to bring new spells to the server, Crystal is working on potions as well as another 'secret' project.  Jacob is working on the classes plugin to improve it for you all.  We are also working on training some new devs for coding, and Chris VD has been learning how to do spells, so you can thank him for those transfiguration spells you guys have seen lately.

We are currently accepting only one more moderator, as you can see we have a lot of them.  We currently have a staff team that included Pandette, Richela, Four Admins, Eleven Moderators, A plugin Dev, and a web dev, as well as a few builders that aren't in any of those groups.  Professors are not considered 'staff' in the same sense, but they should have equal respect.

I will work on trying to add in the ability to have recorded class times again soon.  I want to have everyone settled in their staff positions and more teachers in each subject before we start doing that as well as firm lore on what a subject is.  I know it's frustrating having to deal with the fact that there are not ALWAYS classes, but trust me when we say we are putting our full effort on providing content for you all, so that you are not bored.

After Brooms the most likely next features will include Quidditch and a few mini games that will make the server even more fun.  Don't forget to add in suggestions to the suggestions thread if you have anything you think could be a good idea.  We have spent a lot of time planning, but if you have an outright awesome idea for the server, we would love you hear it!

~Pandette

aka Cosette Bell.

Alhambre
  • Alhambre
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 51 posts
  • IGN:Alhambre_Insidia

Awesome! Do you think Emmae will be constantly improving or is she your finished work of art?

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Emmae is never going to be finished.

Alhambre
  • Alhambre
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 51 posts
  • IGN:Alhambre_Insidia

An artist's work is never done.

Bitz
  • Bitz
  • Best Filly
  • Web Admin
  • -1334 posts
  • IGN:BitzLeon

Web Dev master race

Crystal Bell
  • Crystal Bell
  • Plugin Developer
  • Crystal Mare
  • 258 posts
  • IGN:Crystal Bell

She also has 5 moods: Happy, Sad, Angry, Frustrated, and Aroused.  

That sums up 90% of her code.

Also, she's fun when she is Aroused

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users