• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Veryna
  • Veryna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 103 posts
  • IGN:Veryna Hunter

I personally think spell sharing shouldn't be allowed. Maybe I'm biased, being a professor and all but besides exp, I'd say spells are the main incentive for people to attend classes. "But Veryna," you may be thinking, "that's why you can only tell a few friends! Surely it can't affect that much?" Well, let's say you tell two people. No big deal, right? But, imagine those two people go tell two people each. Now we're at seven people. These new four people all go tell two more people. Now 15 people know, and so on and so forth. Plus, I can't speak for every professor, but I personally would be kinda bothered if half the students on the server stopped showing up to my classes cause they already learned a bunch of transfiguration spells from friends. Plus, the amount of first years running around with Y5 or higher spells is ridiculous. 

I also think spells should be restricted by year, ie Y1 can only cast Y1 spells, Y2 can only cast Y2 and below, Y3 can cast Y3-Y1, etc. I understand a lot of people like to work ahead and practise higher spells, so to accommodate for this the restriction could be for one or two years above, ie Y1 can cast Y2/Y3 and below, Y4/Y5 and below can be casted by Y3, etc.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

I just feel its kinda pointless, like yesteday where everybody on the server saw all the new spells on stream.  It just make it pointless to teach people spells in class. because everyone already know them and have shared them with 100 people. so if we are not gonna stop spellsharing then I cant see the point in learning spells in class. 

Gracen Night
  • Gracen Night
  • O.W.L. Student
  • 161 posts
  • IGN:Gracen Bellnight

The Entire Point of Going to Class isn't JUST to get a new spell. Why would people even bother to go to Magical Theory? There are other positives to classes besides the added incentive of getting to learn a new spell. If that's what classifies a class as important I feel like I wasted my time writing out 3 entire lessons strictly on Wand Woods To add variation to my classes. Yes, I get it , Its exciting to teach new things, but taking away spell sharing is a little ridiculous. Actually, its very unfair. You can tell me to "Go To Class" all you want, but I am more concerned with teaching Magical Theory and guiding noobs when I get home from school. I apologize for being a tad blunt about this. But this is how I feel about spell sharing. The Stream isn't in my control. There is always students that sincerely want to go to class to learn the spell in class for the lesson. And there are always going to be those that simply sit there waiting for the experience. It's not going to really matter.

Veryna
  • Veryna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 103 posts
  • IGN:Veryna Hunter

@Gwendalyn (Gracen) I never said spells were the only incentive, just a large one for most classes. I'm not saying everybody will just up and stop going to classes without that incentive, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say a good amount of people mainly go for spells.

Gracen Night
  • Gracen Night
  • O.W.L. Student
  • 161 posts
  • IGN:Gracen Bellnight

I just think that isn't fair and we should be able to spell share in small groups.

Kyle9357
  • Kyle9357
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Kyle_Pearson or Kyle9357

I completely agree with Verena. I mean, just the other day I saw a first year cast confringo and episkey. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users