Yearing up!~

Started by Pandette , Dec 04 2015 12:56 AM

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Points? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this a good plan or not?

1. yes (30 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. no (8 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. not sure (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hello everyone,

I know already this is going to be poorly received by some, but I feel like this was a requirement for the server.  Many people have previously felt house points don't mean much, and often times there are people able to troll the crap out of a house and be negative points but them still move up.  We obviously can't give everyone individual grades, so as a replacement for that, points have always been a point of pride, but many people did not really respect that these were given out.

As a result, especially to encourage people actually doing homework, points have been made mandatory to everyone so that they will be able to year up.  50 per year.  To year up from year 1 it means 50, year two to one means 100.

So what's the deal?  You have to go to class?

I may make it so there are possible ways to earn points in non-class manners.  For now it's classes though & ACTUALLY doing homework.

A few of you will probably be the opposite though, knowing you already have more than enough points for your year.  We will play with this until there is still a good balance.

Comments below & we will consider your opinions on this.

Cosette.

FroschThink
  • FroschThink
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 205 posts
  • IGN:Josh Dun

I dont think this is good, because some higher years (including year 2's) have close to 100, but don't focus on getting points, and have to go to like 500 more classes and answer every question and waste tons of galleons on books and quills to get up a year.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

So if you want to be year 4 you will need 200 points right? and year 6. 300 points? 

or do we haft to earn them starting from now?

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

This prevents people from Yearing up in a day, which is more common than you think. Assuming you're getting experience by going to classes, you'll have more than enough before long, as at Year 5, one class gives you 1%, so one point a class will get you enough points for Year 7. :)

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

This prevents people from Yearing up in a day, which is more common than you think. Assuming you're getting experience by going to classes, you'll have more than enough before long, as at Year 5, one class gives you 1%, so one point a class will get you enough points for Year 7. :)

*cough* Only profs get 500 XP *cough*

Angrybird1862
  • Angrybird1862
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Angrybird1862

I think this is actually a good idea since it adds more importance to House Points instead of having them as useless merits on the server.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

So if you want to be year 4 you will need 200 points right? and year 6. 300 points? 

or do we haft to earn them starting from now?

1st year> 2nd year 50 points

2nd year > 3rd year 100 points

3rd year > 4th year 150 points

etc.

Jackson Riggs
  • Jackson Riggs
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 66 posts
  • IGN:bearclaw28

If there was some way of using a combination, that would seem to be the best option. As of now, classes isn't the only way to gain XP (Puffskeins, Flying, Practicing Spells). You can't really give points for all that. Points, to me, seem to be more focused on getting Prefect or Head Boy/Girl. If earning points was a WAY to gain XP like killing Puffskeins and Flying, that would work best. (i.e. Earning 10 points would earn you x amount of XP on your profile). That way, importance IS on points, but we don't lose the previous system.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts

If there was some way of using a combination, that would seem to be the best option. As of now, classes isn't the only way to gain XP (Puffskeins, Flying, Practicing Spells). You can't really give points for all that. Points, to me, seem to be more focused on getting Prefect or Head Boy/Girl. If earning points was a WAY to gain XP like killing Puffskeins and Flying, that would work best. (i.e. Earning 10 points would earn you x amount of XP on your profile). That way, importance IS on points, but we don't lose the previous system.

I was actually just about to suggest this getting X amount of XP for X amount of points whatever would be good

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

OMG I GOT 50 POINTS, thats like 10 more xp for it, *flies in the great hall and loses 1 points* *raises hand in class and earns point back.* OMG I GOT 50 POINTS, THATS LIKE 10 MORE 10 XP!

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Why not just make both exp and points a requirement? That means that people have to both attend classes/do homework and do quidditch/Hunt creatures and in addition to now Would be required to do their homework in order to continiue.. Random caps because of phone :/

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Why not just make both exp and points a requirement? That means that people have to both attend classes/do homework and do quidditch/Hunt creatures and in addition to now Would be required to do their homework in order to continiue.. Random caps because of phone :/

...........did....did...you not read the announcement?

Veryna
  • Veryna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 103 posts
  • IGN:Veryna Hunter

I quite like this idea, more incentive for people to go to classes o/ *CoughAndToDoMyHomeworkcough*

LCPrecords
  • LCPrecords
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Chris Burke

so what if you are almost ready to rank up and points reset, also what about all the xp you will waste going to class if u already have 100% just to get house points, will they rollover?

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts

The points keep going they are saved to your profile

Yukinetta
  • Yukinetta
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Yuki Lloyd

I believe its fair I think Pandette uve made an excellent decision because I don't see many people go to classes that much so they just hang around and try and get xp but now they have to actually do something I totally agree with this decision thankyou - Yuki Out! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users