• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Catybug705
  • Catybug705
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Hazel Harrison

This is actually  a suggestion, but it wasn't showing up in the suggestions forum. So I'm going to try it here, delete it if its not allowed. No one ever answered me when I asked in game.

Anyways, So since we have alignments, blood types, and are even given names, what if we wanted to take all this a step forward through role play? I ask this because earlier an evil aligned character got chastised for being mean, and we were told we have to be nice in the server, which I totally understand. But...what if I want to play a character who is a self absorbed maniac who wants to take over the world? Or a queen bee type? or maybe a good character, who is rough around the edges? The main idea, taking on a personality different from my own, and telling a story with other people who are doing that as well.

And I know we want to keep the server friendly and welcoming, and so thats why I'm proposing this. A Roleplay Chat, where the general idea is everything in it is meant to be IC (In character) and isn't meant to be disrespectful, or offensive, but rather its used for story telling. 

Disclaimer: I know that just because you have an evil aligned character, doesn't mean you have to be evil, and I know that there will be more done with alignment later, I think?

Richela
  • Richela
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

I moved your topic into the suggestion area for you.

Tadpolicious
  • Tadpolicious
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 27 posts
  • IGN:Joshua Baker

I think they are going to add more chat channels eventually...

Alhambre
  • Alhambre
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 51 posts
  • IGN:Alhambre_Insidia

I've seen servers like this before. There were a lot of factors into roleplaying and numerous rules. The ultimate problem is power-players, or people who treat themselves as the main character, which no one is when everyone is a real person. There was another, very specific rule I found which pertained to you wanting to be an ego-maniac. In order to have an evil-alignment/evil-character, one had to show maturity with roleplay as aither a neutral character or a good one. Either way, roleplay would take a lot of work and requires full participation of players and staff, which again, is a lot of work. But I would love to see more roleplay here, indeed.

~Alhambre

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

We allow for roleplaying in local chat at the moment, I think the problem with the roleplay is most people here don't dedicate their characters to any specific role and when they are on the server they act like normal.  IMHO, I would like to see the entire server be roleplay in local chat, and global chat generally be OOC.

Catybug705
  • Catybug705
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Hazel Harrison

Yeah, like specific rules generally have to be set, and I could understand only wanting more mature players playing the sort of character I described. i also understand there server is still sort of starting up and this is something that isnt popular yet.

And Pande, so I could take on a role in local? Even in classes?

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

In classes it is up to the professor

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

I guess it's good I am on the good side!!! :)

Alhambre
  • Alhambre
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 51 posts
  • IGN:Alhambre_Insidia

I think that's be ok, but I wouldn't break the rules unless you want your character to be kicked out of class.

Crystal Bell
  • Crystal Bell
  • Plugin Developer
  • Crystal Mare
  • 258 posts
  • IGN:Crystal Bell

I think they are going to add more chat channels eventually...

Adding more channels to the chat makes everything more obscure. Its already confusing enough having two channels.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: denied

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users