5 replies to this topic

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hey everyone,

So it's here! Locking by tiers.  Everyone voted an now it's in.  Want to know how it works?

So in order to do any spell, you have to unlock tiers IN ORDER, however, we gave a little leeway on spells.

When you first start you can perform tier ONE and tier TWO spells.  However, if you want to unlock Tier THREE you must have 1000 casts in tier ONE.  That doesn't mean tier TWO doesn't count, if you do 1000 casts in tier TWO first, then complete 1000 casts in Tier ONE, you will be able to perform tier THREE and FOUR when you complete tier ONE.

This is part of the process to try and make spell 'sharing' more of a thing.  A lot of people have complained about spell sharing, and professors teaching students outside of classes have always been taboo, but now you can cast spells that are your level and everyone can hopefully feel more fair.

What about if I cast a higher tier spell?

That stuff has NOT been lost.  Everything is still there, it's just locked until you get back up there.

So does that mean I need to cast a spell 1000 times?

Not exactly, this means you have to cast a spell IN that tier 1000 times, but that means you can cast periculum 50 times, verdimillious 50 times, incendio 50 times etc until you hit 1000 casts in all tier ones.

How do I know what is a higher tier?

At the moment the only way to officially know is to cast that spell.  We will eventually have something in your profile to tell your progress through tier 'completetion', however, besides that the only way to know is to cast a higher tier spell and see what it is.  Soon enough we are going to start releasing more spells in Flourish N' Blotts, maybe not EVERY spell, but we will have spell books, especially as we add more and more spells, for those of you who don't know we are now at over 100 spells, aiming for that 400 number.  Eventually there will be too many spells to even count and more keep getting created every day!

I have a tier 3 spell at accomplished, but my tier 3 is not unlocked.

Two possibilities: Your tier two is not unlocked, OR you're an older player who cast a lot of spells before tiers was fully implemented.

If you have any questions, please ask below!

~Pandette

Lily
  • Lily
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 526 posts
  • IGN:Lily Arlington

How do we know what spells are in the different tiers? Will there be a book in Flourish and Blotts that we have to buy that will tell us?

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

How do we know what spells are in the different tiers? Will there be a book in Flourish and Blotts that we have to buy that will tell us?

How do I know what is a higher tier?

At the moment the only way to officially know is to cast that spell.  We will eventually have something in your profile to tell your progress through tier 'completetion', however, besides that the only way to know is to cast a higher tier spell and see what it is.  Soon enough we are going to start releasing more spells in Flourish N' Blotts, maybe not EVERY spell, but we will have spell books, especially as we add more and more spells, for those of you who don't know we are now at over 100

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

an older player who cast a lot of spells before tiers was fully implemented. so I cant cast tier 8 or 9 now. (I got two nonverbals on ea. of those tiers)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

an older player who cast a lot of spells before tiers was fully implemented. so I cant cast tier 8 or 9 now. (I got two nonverbals on ea. of those tiers)

I don't think that the non-verbals you have are part of the tiers you think they are then, because when i am talking older player, I mean Ian, Alex Schnee, Dayanara Lewis type old, while Jacob Cole was still a co-owner.  You're far after tiers being implemented.

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

I don't think that the non-verbals you have are part of the tiers you think they are then, because when i am talking older player, I mean Ian, Alex Schnee, Dayanara Lewis type old, while Jacob Cole was still a co-owner.  You're far after tiers being implemented.

We figured it out - he lacked spellcasts in tier 6 :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NEW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users