30 replies to this topic

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Fance Garland

Hey guys,

I am dong 3D textures for the server and would like to know hat you would like to see! We already have beds cauldrons and potion bottle in for the next update. Let me know your suggestions. It's the would you role play in so why not make it pretty :)

Thanks
Fancepants

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

I would love to see some sort of improvement to the Quidditch balls or Gobstone marbles! Instead of swirling smoke clouds, maybe there could be actual textures for the spheres.

Just a thought!

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts

Unfortuantly thats a panda thing I am not sure if thats possible. I do plan on making the actual balls soon, but as for implementing them in the game thats not my department. @Pandette

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

@Lisa Flume movement of actual balls would be very difficult, because they are entities, and I would not just have to put them in a location, but also keep them from falling to the ground.  The use of smoke balls is because when they are like that it enables us to just set a location and it's there, no need to keep it off the ground, and we can have our own custom vectors for it too without worrying that minecraft's gravity system will screw us up.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

I would like to see the armor stand being turned into the stone guards (and in later years the spell Piertotum Locomotor that would animate them) :I

http://harrypotter.w...otum_Locomotor 

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

Pandette I hope its possible to do both since its a transfiguration charm :I 

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts

@SelfieSheep Thats a good Idea only an armor stand counts as an entity and they are disabled in hogwarts. We can not enable them without enabling mobs :o.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

umm what about changing a block into the guard insted, like a block that we wont need? :I

we could use tnt because we wont need it, and people will not be able to ativate it right? :3

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

@SelfieSheep or you know... we could have a specially marked block that when you cast that will remember the original location of the block and turn into what you are talking about.  Then when casting it, boom, it becomes an iron golem.  if only we had a bunch of random blocks around the castle to do this with....

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts

Hue hue hue :D

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

what about obsidian? :I I still dont get why we are having it placed around in the school? :3 

I think it could be cool if we could have the EH filled with that block type and we would be able to pratice that spell on blocks in the school? :D

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

............................ O.O so you didn't get that I was talking about the obsidian blocks in my first post..............?

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

oh now I do :D sorry I have 20m to work and had to get ready while speaking with you guys :3 

and I will be going to work now :3 

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts

BACK to 3D textures! I need Ideas. I heard a beer mug was a good one. With butter beer in it. Yay nay?

Alice
  • Alice
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 211 posts
  • IGN:Alice Demure (Formerly Cunningham)/[Qlivia]

Yay^ I like that one

Kat
  • Kat
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:MsKatie

I'd love to the see the Plain Hat actually recieve a 3d Texture instead of being headphones.

There are already witch hats on the server, it shouldn't be too difficult to do this?

It would also be really cool to see Book and Quills being flat and open in your hand! Maybe even a little quill on it!

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts

Well.. we already have a hat that you can put on, headphones is an item thats special about our server we make it different form potter world. What other type of Hat do you mean?

Kat
  • Kat
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:MsKatie

I was just speaking of the Plain Hat which are just headphones. If it's supposed to be that way, that's fine!

You didn't mention the book and quill, though? Would this be possible?

(Another small idea I had was that written or normal books could be a stack of books? or a book sideways, like tucked under your armpit?)

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts

You mean like your writing with the book and quil? Considering your holding it in your hand i cant make a book AND quil on it BUT I can make a 3d book. Ill see what I can do with the quil maybe put it behind it

Andrew Longbottom
  • Andrew Longbottom
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 115 posts
  • IGN:AndrewIsAPenguin

What if we had a few types of hats? Like the one we already have, and then the head phones headphones. Maybe then we could have a purple one with a feather or something. A brown raggedy one too. 

I love the butter beer idea.

Oooh. Would it be possible to do different colored wands based on wand woods?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users