• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Reia Hunter
  • Reia Hunter
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 49 posts
  • IGN:Reia Hunter

So something that has come to my attention is a professor who shall remain un-named has been conducting AFK tests. Now, I'm not sure if multiple professors are doing this but I've only witnessed it once. 

Basically, at a random interval of class, students are asked to jump in place to make sure they're in the class. 

Anyone that does not jump, the teacher kicks from said class.

I believe this to be thoroughly unfair and think there should be a rule against professors doing this. 

1. If, for instance in my situation, a student has to step away for a moment whether it be to get food or they were called by their family or whatnot, even if they only step away for one minute, they'll be kicked from a class they were in simply because they weren't there the SECOND the AFK test took place.

2. If you go AFK, the timer catches it and deduces points anyway, so what's the point of removing them from the class when their XP is already reduced?

Just my 2 cents. 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

So something that has come to my attention is a professor who shall remain un-named has been conducting AFK tests. Now, I'm not sure if multiple professors are doing this but I've only witnessed it once. 

Basically, at a random interval of class, students are asked to jump in place to make sure they're in the class. 

Anyone that does not jump, the teacher kicks from said class.

I believe this to be thoroughly unfair and think there should be a rule against professors doing this. 

1. If, for instance in my situation, a student has to step away for a moment whether it be to get food or they were called by their family or whatnot, even if they only step away for one minute, they'll be kicked from a class they were in simply because they weren't there the SECOND the AFK test took place.

2. If you go AFK, the timer catches it and deduces points anyway, so what's the point of removing them from the class when their XP is already reduced?

Just my 2 cents. 

This isn't already in the professor rules?

Richela
  • Richela
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

This isn't already in the professor rules?

Are you asking that a rule be made against this or permitting this? I can add one if it isn't already made. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users