• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Armstrong

For now, the focus is on school. Players ascend through years with XP (as we all know) and that's all fine and dandy. However, when players finally graduate it would be nice if, in the future, they had post-education experience statuses.

The general reasons that come to mind are:

• It gives players another end game task to do
  • It would take some time, which will keep players busy
  • It continues to make use of XP in KnockturnMC
  • Players can enjoy having ranks outside of school
  • Players can be acknowledged more diversely than simply being graduated
  • It could provide a path to future features and how they may relate to this one e.g. certain spells, potions or quests require certain experience to perform

To serve as examples and to allow you to understand what I thinking about this, my ideas for experience ranks could be something like:

Graduated - [S/G] This is a player that has recently finished their education, they are very inexperienced but ready to pursue their individual path (already a rank). It requires 800,000 XP to be fully experienced.

Wizard/Witch - [S/W] This is a player that has had time to attain their role in society and has had a decent amount of life experience; your average wizard/witch. It requires 900,000 XP to be fully experienced.

Veteran - [S/V] These are wizards that have attained a great amount of experience and are very accomplished on the server. It requires 1,000,000 XP to be fully experienced.

Anyway, that's the idea. I just thought I'd throw it out there because I don't really know how much thought might have gone into a concept like this but I reckon it is something consider for the future.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

I think something like this is already planned, but with jobs instead of ranks. Other than that, good job on the thread, 'tis very neat and a good suggestion. :D

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

Alright then, I wondered if  and what they might have in store for something like this in the future. I know professions would probably in the plans but I didn't think it would be XP based like this. I guess it'll be the statuses players can attain after school, though. 

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate that. I'm glad you liked the presentation and stuff. :)

Malia SHSL Memelord
  • Malia SHSL Memelord
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:Malia McGonagall

what about Auror/DeathEater Ranks? that would be cool

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Alright then, I wondered if  and what they might have in store for something like this in the future. I know professions would probably in the plans but I didn't think it would be XP based like this. I guess it'll be the statuses players can attain after school, though. 

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate that. I'm glad you liked the presentation and stuff. :)

We have something planned for end game stuff, we just don't have time to put it in place atm, as we still haven't even been able to start work on early game quests.

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

We have something planned for end game stuff, we just don't have time to put it in place atm, as we still haven't even been able to start work on early game quests.

Yeah. I figured you wouldn't be working on stuff like this in the near future. I just wondered where you stood with the concept.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Yeah. I figured you wouldn't be working on stuff like this in the near future. I just wondered where you stood with the concept.

We plan on having a major end game that will involve multiple different things, but to avoid the idea getting stolen by certain other servers whom have stolen our idea in the past we aren't revealing what it is.

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

We plan on having a major end game that will involve multiple different things, but to avoid the idea getting stolen by certain other servers whom have stolen our idea in the past we aren't revealing what it is.

Aaaah, okay. Yeah, that's completely understandable. I look forward to seeing what it is. :)

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

*Starts the Hype Train early*

Everyone jump on!
Woooooo!

Worf
  • Worf
  • Student