• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

I was dealing with a door moments ago when I realized that, while our current plugin is absolutely wonderful and better than Lockette, maybe something can be used along the lines of Lockette for setting timers. With Lockette doors I'd place a sign saying things like this: 

[Private]

SomeLatinRoot

[timer:3] 

This would hold the door open for 4 seconds as long as the sign is above the door. It also works if you put other usernames under the timer. 

Just a suggestion, a timer for the multiple doors that we use so that people don't leave House doors open! 

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

There is an auto-lock flag/option already with the lwc plugin for normal doors...I suppose the common room doors do not automatically close for an intended reason though. This adds an element of required responsibility to each house member to protect their common room's security if they have to remember to close it each time.

There is a timer set on the sign/brick wall going into Diagon Alley, so this could be easily done. So my guess is that the common rooms do not auto-close for a reason- whichever reason that may be :P

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

True, good idea. 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I was dealing with a door moments ago when I realized that, while our current plugin is absolutely wonderful and better than Lockette, maybe something can be used along the lines of Lockette for setting timers. With Lockette doors I'd place a sign saying things like this: 

[Private]

SomeLatinRoot

[timer:3] 

This would hold the door open for 4 seconds as long as the sign is above the door. It also works if you put other usernames under the timer. 

Just a suggestion, a timer for the multiple doors that we use so that people don't leave House doors open! 

Signs = more lag because they have block data that has to be loaded.  To prevent the lag, we use lwc.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

However, perhaps you could see if the creators of LWC would look into adding this feature ?  Or it might already exist ?

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

OR *ahem* we could make a spell for it.....

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

To fix the subject of doors not closing it is as simple as doing "/lwc flag autoclose on" and slapping the protection. 
I just tested and it works with password protected locks too so :P

On another note:

LWC doesn't even have support for the various doors in the current version.
I don't know if it would break all LWC-locks but the newest version fixes both all the doors as well as full UUID support:

https://www.spigotmc...urces/lwc.2150/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users