• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

rtaekema2
  • rtaekema2
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 35 posts
  • IGN:Matt Sinistra

Hey Guys. So some of u can probly relate to this and some of you are fine with it but the fact is that gifts and curses are really unfair. So im sitting here spamming a spell that i already have expert but not nonverbal. Its really annoying that some people have an advantage over others because of luck. Im not saying to stop gift/curses all together im just saying there should be a way to get out of it i.e if a player gains enough power they may choose to lose their curse or people could spend galleons to get another curse (at random). Another thing that could be done is that if u have a really bad curse (i.e nonverbal) you would get a really good gift (i.e backfire chance) these are just my thoughts thx for reading
-Matt Sinistra

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

MY GIFT IS HEALING

- Deal with it like we do -

At least you are not cursed in backfirechance @ManlyChickenbuck

Andrew Longbottom
  • Andrew Longbottom
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 115 posts
  • IGN:AndrewIsAPenguin

My curse is charmwork. It sucks, but there is a way to overcome it; just practice a little more.

You spend the same amount of time doing the extra practice than you would gaining enough power or gathering galleons.

Gnarizard
  • Gnarizard
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts
  • IGN:Jerryl Williams

I got a Curse in Enchantments, but literally have no Gift whatsoever. Try playing without a gift. Honestly, I have no idea what I am missing out on. What do Gifts even do? I understand its something you are good at....but how good?

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Just a little tad better at something - with enough practice it doesn't make a difference at all.

rtaekema2
  • rtaekema2
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 35 posts

I am at 34% on Nomsy.net (aka 3400 casts) and still do not have it nonverbal is this curse suppost to be this bad?

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

i get mine at 23% 2300 casts but i have a really bad curse backfire chance so it evens out

rtaekema2
  • rtaekema2
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 35 posts

Ya where as i have transfig gift which because i am more of the dueling type is mostly useless for me... And BTW at 3600 casts still no nonverbal 😰

Lily
  • Lily
  • Student
  • 526 posts
  • IGN:Lily Arlington

I am cursed in Backfirechance......Bones family curse.....

rtaekema2
  • rtaekema2
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 35 posts

Finally I got episkey nonverbal at 3700 casts (give or take) so relieved! 😂

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

yea lilly are curse is bad but gift is nonverble :P

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

Try having to demonstrate a Transfiguration spell in front of an entire class and already knowing it is going to be unsuccessful xD

Curses can be a huge inconvenience, but that's why you work to make do with you have! Like Andrew and Liam mentioned, you have to practice and become the great wizard your family weren't destined to be maybe :P prove them wrong!! Family gifts/curses are a great element to the server that add to the importance of belonging to a family.

Just know you'll be the more respectable person at the end of the day getting a nonverbal, than a person getting two nonverbals whose gift is nonverbal, right?

rtaekema2
  • rtaekema2
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 35 posts

I would rather have my 700 casts back than be respectable :P

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

i get mine at 23% 2300 casts but i have a really bad curse backfire chance so it evens out

well even tho you are getting nonverbal at 2300 cast, I am making you pratice it to 3000 before you can move on in your training :P so in my eyes you dont have a gift besides getting those 700 cast faster :P 

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

Well I am gifted in Transfig. and cursed in healing :i I like it alot since I allready got over 5 kills with transfig spells xD mwhahaha :P 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users