• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Gnarizard
  • Gnarizard
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts
  • IGN:Jerryl Williams

So I've seen a lot of the server, and although I haven't seen EVERY spell, there's bound to be a few here worth looking into, as well as a few of these other general suggestions.

Wands:

- According to Lore, Silver Lime wood wands are good for Divination and Seering, however I don't think we have any spells that fall into that category. I will suggest a few later, but also:

- As it stands, there's certain wand types that people cannot get unless they take one from a person who originally owned it. I would like to suggest one of two things: We add a ritual/potion that allows the transfer of ownership to a new wand owner. For example, if two people fight and one loses, they may drop their wand, there should be a way that the new owner (Let's say they get to keep the wand cause its a mining world fight) to make the new wand his if he likes it. OR: Add a wand black market. Black Market Wand Tickets are expensive and only work in a specific store, but you can get any wood/core combo you want. OR: Allow the crafting of wands. Allow players to buy materials and smith wands. However, make it so that certain materials are off limits, that the player needs to practice making wands (As they might just fall apart or be VERY VERY weak), or some other way to keep people from instantly crafting the meta/best wands.

- Legendary Wands. Like the Lightsabers of Star Wars, wands are unique and special to their individuals. Sometimes they are passed down, sometimes they are earned through combat, but wands in the Harry Potter universe change hands eventually (or break). I'd like to suggest that rarely, through mobs or some events or something, a Legendary Wand is dropped. These were owned by big/important characters or are wands of legend, like the Elder Wand (one of the Deathly Hallows, except it broke with Harry's death), Harry's Holly/Phoenix Wand, and etc. These wands will have the usual effects of their types, but will not suffer penalty for not owning it (It will display it's original-canon owner instead), and will simply have slightly better stats. This will mean they will be of high value and importance, people will fight over them, and give an advantage to those who worked hard or payed dearly to obtain them.

====================================================================================================================

Spells:

So, I've got a few to suggest so I'll start with the biggest category, Divination.

From what I was told on the server, there are no Divination spells at all. I can understand this, because it can be really REALLY overpowered or underpowered if done wrong. So here's a few suggestions I have:

New Spell: Astra Vidica

Divination spell, only castable at night (Under the stars), that enchants the area around you, making follow-up Divination spells stronger. Recommended Tier would probably be a 3 or 4.

New Spell: (Don't know, suggest a name?)

Divination spell, castable anytime. After casting this spell, you can say the name of a person, and you'd be alerted every time they cast a spell (a little ding or something) during the duration. This would be a lower level, maybe 2 or 3. The person who's the target of a cast like this will hear whispers(Steam sounds or something) or something notifying them that there is someone watching them.

New Spell: (Don't know, suggest a name?)

Divination Spell, saying the spell name with a person's name afterwards will allow you to see their inventory like if you were checking a chest. Only downside is that you cannot see their armor or their hotbar, only their Inventory. You cannot take or move things. A high Tier spell, probably a 6 or something. The person who's the target of a cast like this will hear whispers(Steam sounds or something) or something notifying them that there is someone watching them.

New Spell: (Another Divination spell. Blegh)

Divination Spell, marks a target after saying their name, at which point for the duration you will see their messages, local, /msg and etc, but with error (If you are familiar with §k, which is the weird minecraft magic text, then you know what I mean) occurring randomly based % per letter/symbol. Probably a high tier spell.The person who's the target of a cast like this will hear whispers(Steam sounds or something) or something notifying them that there is someone watching them.

New Spell: (Yay more Divination!)

Divination Spell, cast on yourself for a duration. Any time a spell targets you by name, whether you are near them or not, you are alerted to who and what spell they are casting on you. Not much you can do to stop it at that point but at least you know who did it. If they cast nonverbally, it comes back only with a name. The person who's the target of a cast like this will hear whispers(Steam sounds or something) or something notifying them that there is someone watching them.

New Spell: Carte Toret

Divination Spell, if you have 3 Blank cards in your inventory, saying a persons name will transform those three cards into Tarot Cards revealing random statistics about a person. Each card would reveal one statistic from a possibility of many, sometimes useful, sometimes not. Information could include "Last eaten: Bread" "Has gotten (spell) to (rank)" "Has (House points) and (XP)" "Has killed X Players/(Specific mob)".....you get the point. Generally useful but completely random and costs cards, which cost paper. This is also probably one of few Divination spells that do not warn the target they have been spied on. Probably a Tier 2 spell.

New Spell: Carte Deum

Transfiguration Spell, if you have paper in your inventory, will transform it into Blank Cards (Which still look like paper, but with a different name and stuff). The power of the spell determines how many papers are transformed, so more you practice it the more you can make more in one go. Tier 1 or 2 spell.

New Spell: Carte (Something. I'm running out of name ideas but its another Card Spell)

Transfiguration Spell, if you have a Blank card, it transforms it into a random spell card. Sometimes these are helpful, sometimes not, and usually are spells that can be cast at a targetted area, and never a spell that requires a name to target. You can only get spells you can cast yourself (Within Tier limits), but if you get a spell card from someone else, you can use it either way. Dunno where to put this Tier wise.

New Item: Spell Card

The product of above spell. It will appear as paper with the name being the spell it casts. When right clicked, will throw the card like a snowball, with the spell effect happening where it lands, with some special interractions. For example, if the spell is a Flare spell like Periculum, the flare will aim straight up, and to the sky (With about an average length). If the spell is a block targetted spell like Incendio, it will affect the block it lands on, or if it hits a person, then the block they stand on. If it's a duration spell like Protego, it will be random, anywhere between 1 second and 10 seconds. These should not stack so a person cannot collect these and spam spells. I got this idea from the First Harry Potter game, where Malfoy throws explosive scrolls at Harry in one of their early fights.

New Spell: Confundo (Or something similar)

I know we have Mimble Wimble already, but this is a broader spell. It replaces everything they say with the crazy magic minecraft text by putting §k before it for a duration. This prevents almost all communication and can be pretty annoying, so I guess it should be high tier.

New Spell: (Something something)

This spell is the opposite of the above, masking the chat the player sees after cast with §k so they can't understand people. I know there's probably a way to filter it so they don't see normal chat anymore. Should be VERY High tier.

New Spell: (More something something)

This ones a little simpler. I saw it on a server once where you could get drunk and when you were drunk, *hic* *burp* other sounds were added to your chat, and your words became slurred. It would look for "s" and replace it with "th" and etc, to make them look like they are speaking with a lisp, or are drunk. If it is to simulate drunkenness, adding the sound effects and a Nausea (MC Dizziness effect) would make it better.

New Spell: (Arrow Shooting Spell)

Conjuration. Pretty simple, shoots an arrow out like you had shot a bow, without spending arrows. Higher levels of the spell would allow for more arrows per cast or possibly effects. Low tier for the single arrow shot, higher tiers for more arrows.

New Spell: (Bubble Head Charm)

Not sure if its Conjuration or something. Simply allows one to breath underwater for a short time, you can do this by adding the potion effect for it to the person for a duration. Medium Tiers?

=========================================================================================================

Gifts and Forenote:

New Gift: Seering (Link here!)

Seers are rare and are born with an innate talent for seeing beyond the veil (Seeing the future, spirits, etc). They write the Prophecies that appear in the Hall of Prophecy in the Ministry of Magic. However, putting that into the server will be....difficult. So what I suggest instead is that Seers will instead always know when either their First Name, Last Name, or Username is said in chat, even if it was /msg local, or a spell. This does mean that people can mispell it intentionally to avoid getting noticed, but that's not just it. If possible increase a Seer's local chat range a little bit, or something else to show that they generally are capable of seeing/noticing things far better than the average person. I'd love to see more dynamic Gifts like this, where it's not just that a person can be good at something, but this is not necessary.

New Gift/Curse: Divination

This is your typical "I'm good/bad with this type of spell" gift, like with Healing and Enchantments.

I can't think of anything else immediately, but some of these are fairly complex and would take time if taken seriously. Additionally some of it seems kinda strong if people abuse it so maybe a way to nerf it's potential. As a forenote though, I REALLY would like to see more dynamic Gifts, that enhance the player somehow and not just a statistic that they get something faster or stronger.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I like a lot of these spell suggestions but I don't think you know what divination is.  Also, divination is planned, it just has not been implemented yet.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Just wanted to point out, a lot of this sounds like Legimency.

Gnarizard
  • Gnarizard
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts

I know the definition of Divination, rather I don't know how to group these "Sensory" or "Detection" spells together. Some of the spells aren't labelled Divination and aren't related to that group of spells, just general spells. What would you call these spells?

Andrew Longbottom
  • Andrew Longbottom
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 115 posts
  • IGN:AndrewIsAPenguin

Even if not all of them are under divination, I like a lot of them. They could be defensive spells or charms.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

I know the definition of Divination, rather I don't know how to group these "Sensory" or "Detection" spells together. Some of the spells aren't labelled Divination and aren't related to that group of spells, just general spells. What would you call these spells?

Divination is not a spell :I

rtaekema2
  • rtaekema2
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 35 posts
  • IGN:Matt Sinistra

But the way divination is betrayed in the movies and books would be nearly impossible to copy into real life and/or minecraft

Gnarizard
  • Gnarizard
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts

Divination is not a spell :I

I know it's not xD I was just saying "How to categorize these spells?"

Divination is literally pretty much where you seek knowledge of the future, some people do tarot, some interpret dreams, some do horoscopes, all sorts of stuff. Sometimes it's accurate, sometimes not so much.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

I know it's not xD I was just saying "How to categorize these spells?"

Divination is literally pretty much where you seek knowledge of the future, some people do tarot, some interpret dreams, some do horoscopes, all sorts of stuff. Sometimes it's accurate, sometimes not so much.

ik what divination is :I

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

Just want to point out that there already is a spell that alerts the caster when a certain word is said in chat. There's also a "bubble head" charm called respiratio.

Another thing to add, I LOVE the confundo idea, it would adds cool twist to dueling, and I like the opposite of that spell too.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Also I would like to point out that officially with JK rowling there are only 7 types of spells which we bend to add enchantments, which are really charms, but just AOE charms.  Therefore, anything you classsify here as divination is just a type of Charm.

Gnarizard
  • Gnarizard
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts

I'd be fine with any sort of classification. I was simply tossing mechanical ideas out there. The semantics can be argued and worked on by those who know how to best fit it into the lore xD.

Other than naming/classification, how do these suggestions sit with you? I saw earlier someone say it's similar to Legimancy which is magic to use to manipulate and search other people's minds and emotions. It might fit there.

Additionally...noone seems to have said anything about my wand suggestions so far as the Legendary Wands and getting wands you normally wouldn't be able to get at Ollivander's.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

I'd be fine with any sort of classification. I was simply tossing mechanical ideas out there. The semantics can be argued and worked on by those who know how to best fit it into the lore xD.

Other than naming/classification, how do these suggestions sit with you? I saw earlier someone say it's similar to Legimancy which is magic to use to manipulate and search other people's minds and emotions. It might fit there.

Additionally...noone seems to have said anything about my wand suggestions so far as the Legendary Wands and getting wands you normally wouldn't be able to get at Ollivander's.

I was planning on giving special woods hidden abilities that aren't directly apparent, but as for legendary wands, that would defeat the purpose of wand xp which essentially makes your wand stronger the more you use it.

Gnarizard
  • Gnarizard
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts

I was planning on giving special woods hidden abilities that aren't directly apparent, but as for legendary wands, that would defeat the purpose of wand xp which essentially makes your wand stronger the more you use it.

I understand that, but one thing I want to point out, why not just give Legendary Wands hidden abilities that outclass or make them powerful so that there would be a reason to use one over your own wand. It would never be quite up to par with certain things but the effect of a legendary wand would make it a reasonable choice for some reason. Otherwise, if not, then it's fine. xD

New spell idea though:

A spell that when it hits a person, it jumbles their inventory around, disorganizing it, and moving things off the hotbar/to the hotbar. Can really mess someone up in a duel if their wand is shuffled to their inventory.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

I understand that, but one thing I want to point out, why not just give Legendary Wands hidden abilities that outclass or make them powerful so that there would be a reason to use one over your own wand. It would never be quite up to par with certain things but the effect of a legendary wand would make it a reasonable choice for some reason. Otherwise, if not, then it's fine. xD

New spell idea though:

A spell that when it hits a person, it jumbles their inventory around, disorganizing it, and moving things off the hotbar/to the hotbar. Can really mess someone up in a duel if their wand is shuffled to their inventory.

You're thinking of expelliarmus ....

Gnarizard
  • Gnarizard
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts

You're thinking of expelliarmus ....

Doesn't expelliarmus make them drop their wand? I'm talking about one that shuffles and disorganizes the inventory, which can cause problems for a duelist, and can also be used like Rictusempra to play pranks on someone. Doesn't make them drop or lose anything other than time xD

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Doesn't expelliarmus make them drop their wand? I'm talking about one that shuffles and disorganizes the inventory, which can cause problems for a duelist, and can also be used like Rictusempra to play pranks on someone. Doesn't make them drop or lose anything other than time xD

when expelliarmus is finally coded low levels will make their wand move somewhere else in their inventory, higher levels will drop it.

Elsa Ollivander
  • Elsa Ollivander
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 672 posts
  • IGN:Elsa Ollivander

A lot of these ideas are really cool. I would love to see what the server Developers/Owners plan to do with these.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users