• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

We agree about Healing Magic, for the most part. On a less relevant, personal note, I disagree with Vicis Vulpes and Ferula. Vicis Vulpes is not really compatible with other Harry Potter spells and is just out of place, also, the fact that it damages and heals should make it logically, a very complicated spell, which would mean its tier should be way up there, but it isn't really.

I also disagree with Ferula, I think it's quite messed up as it is now. I would have preferred the spell be more canon and be used to treat conditions that will possibly be implemented in the future. I think magic that causes a person to have more hearts would make much more sense as a potion, and a harder one to brew at that. The idea of a spell that just poofs you extra hearts for the rest of your life whenever you like is just OP and rather irksome to me, but whatever, it is what it is.

Actually, I kind of agree with your view on Ferula, but don't at the same time. What the spell ACTUALLY does in the books is "bandage and splint broken bones". I still don't understand why the spell on the server just gives you extra hearts. I believe that if we DO nerf Episkey, Ferula should be a higher-tier spell that will kind-of take the place of what Episkey is now. Read this for background information on Ferula.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

I would like to see the timers on spells being removed because if you want to pratice salvio hexia it would take you 12,5 hour with perfect timing to get it nonverbal. That is if you dont miscast it once, have any backfire and time it perfect every time

that just make those spell usless since no one is gonna train or use them because of the insane time it takes to train. 

I heard that there is a cooldown on 60sec on Protego Horriblis that mean 60 casts ea. hour = 50 Hours for 3000 cast. Noone is ever going to use those spells them, 

so if the timers is not gonna get removed I would rather have them being removed insted because this dont make sence :) 

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

I would like to see the timers on spells being removed because if you want to pratice salvio hexia it would take you 12,5 hour with perfect timing to get it nonverbal. That is if you dont miscast it once, have any backfire and time it perfect every time

that just make those spell usless since no one is gonna train or use them because of the insane time it takes to train.

I heard that there is a cooldown on 60sec on Protego Horriblis that mean 60 casts ea. hour = 50 Hours for 3000 cast. Noone is ever going to use those spells them,

so if the timers is not gonna get removed I would rather have them being removed insted because this dont make sence :)

I agree that there should be no/less cooldowns because it's impossible to get some spells nonverbal because of it. If it's a spell that causes lag then maybe the people should have to do it in a remote location in mining world and at 1%.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

No the spells need to be reworked if they cause lag for right now, they are trying to put a limit on them because the spell itself creates lag, therefore they need to change the spell itself and then remove the timer in ordre to fix it. and if not they should get removed insted 

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts

The thing is if you want particles then lag comes with....that can't be changed unless there was no particles then there is less lag. Or the spells could be re worked so that the particles that they produce could be turned off? Idk

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

If you took the particles off of say Totalum, how would you know the radius it covers? You'd just suddenly hit a wall you can't pass, confusing people like crazy if they aren't familiar with the spell.

NJDfire
  • NJDfire
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 67 posts
  • IGN:Skallent Grant

I agree with almost all of this but wouldent this make lots of people angry that they took ages doing a spell and then it is not as good

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Summary:

I have tried getting everyones opinions and thoughts in this but should this not be the case, please try to comment as organised as possible below this post as it is complicated enough to begin with. xD
@Pandette

Duo Flares - A vertical flare with simple firework.
As of right now Duo Flares are as useless as farting in the wind. If they were put at a 10s cast delay and were a low-particle vertical flare with a simple, colored firework-ball in the top, they would serve as beacons in much the same way as the Flares were in the Books/movies.

(Notes: Noone seems to disagree with the change of Duo Flares.)

Rictusempra - Cap at 30s effect
As this is described as a short tickleling which cripples the opponent we would suggest it is capped at around 30s of effect.

Impedimenta - Cap as 30s
Impedimenta is an impairment jinx, lasting only 10 seconds when consulting the Wikia.

Obscuro - Same as Impedimenta. Cap at 30s

(Notes: While many people disagree due to the fact that "they have trained it hard and has earned the right to make people suffer for 15m straight if needed" I would still strongly reccomend these Spells to be capped at 30s or maybe 45s.

Giving them longer effects will make these Jinxes some of the strongest spells in duels and I feel like we would need the higher tier spells to take over that range.)

This is why Stupefy, Umbreo, Mucus Ad Nauseam and Titillando are suggested at a cap of 1-3m.

Capping at that will make them a strong force in duels yet not leave them ridiculously overpowered in my opinion.
Maybe even a 3rd tier could be added for these spells if needed.
Andrew Longbottom and Oliver strongly disagrees and Andrew proposes a nerf of spell duration but no "cap".

Bombarda is a Tier 3 spell and yet it is so ridiculously overpowered that it is used by most people in duels.

It might have annoying movements but it cannot be compared to using Incendio in a duel at this stage.

Bombarda was suggested capped at 3 Hearts so as to make room for a tier system similair to Lumos Tiers:

(Nerf)Bombarda(T3 - 3 Hearts) > (Add)Bombarda Maxima (T6 - 6 Hearts) > (Buff)Confringo (T8 - 6 Hearts + a couple seconds of firetick) 

Bombarda would then only be able of "blowing open a lock" while Bombarda Maxima would take its role as the commonly used Blasting Hex. (And thus getting closer to canon uses.)

Sectumsempra - Rework damage mechanics.
Sectumsempra is a semi strong spell and with a lot of practice it can be deadly. However we would like it changed a bit:
When first hit the victim starts bleeding slowly and as the spell effect continues(if the casters level is strong enough) the "Cuts" get deeper and deeper, resulting in more and more damage taken from each hit. It should be fatal if not treated within 30s and while Episkey might be a good idea at first, soon the damage would be to quick to heal.

(Notes: Everyone seems to like the idea of a complicated way of doing damage instead of simply doing more Instant damage)
It is, however not a priority since few knows this and even fewer can cast it.

Vicis Vulpes - Damage indication and a damage cap at 8dmg (4 Hearts)
Vicis vulpes is a nice little tier 5 spell, which damages the enemy while healing the caster a bit. The only issue with it is that if the caster is skilled the spell does insane damage (Kwesi does 10 hearts in 1 hit) and is instantly fatal. Instantly fatal spells should be avoided and we would much more prefer spells working like Sectumsempra or 2-3 hit-to-kill spells in terms of duels. We would like the damage cap at 8dmg (4 Hearts) as it also heals the caster.

(Notes: A lot of people are One-hitting others in duels and using Vicis as a one-hit-kills-it-all against mobs since it has no cap.

Oliver didn't like the proposed nerf but others didn't comment on it)

Counterspells in general:
Both Rictusempra and Stupefy/Impedimenta along with every minor jinx/hex should have counterspells added/prioritized as they are pains - the general counterspell-area has been neglected in favor of pure-attack dueling spells.

+ Rennervate - Counterspell to stupefy/impedimenta
Everyone seems to agree on this.

Now we come to the strongly debated area:
Episkey - Cap healing at around 2.5 hearts (5dmg)

While it makes sense to everyone that Episkey should be somehow less powerfull than it's current state, we all agree that nerfing it would mean that at least 2 other healing spells should be added simultaneously.

Maybe one at 5 hearts and one at around 7-8 hearts.

Nerfing it without adding replacements for it would be devastating to any duel.

Alarte Ascendare - Harder movements
This spell is very OP as it can instakill opponents in areas with clear skies. We don't thing the effect of the spell should be changed but the fact that you are able to spam it so fast that you can "keep your ememy flying/falling" is more than enough. We dislike additions of timers and would rather see the movements for Alarte reworked to be harder. (4-5 movements would be fair)

(Notes: Everyone seems okay with Alarte getting harder movements.

It is already very easy to cast and 4(maybe 5) movements seems fair.

Veara wants it capped at a height that doesn't one-hit kill the victim (around 24 blocks as opposed to 64 where it is at now) which still is pretty high and the majority seems okay with it.

(Kwesi disagrees at he sees it as a utility spell)

Vulnera Sanetur - Work on Splinching
Vulnera would be really good if it could heal and counter the damage from Splinching when cast 3 times. The reasoning for this would be that it seems capable of healing deep wounds when used 3 times.
It also does take away the damage from Sectumsempra but it does not remove the "blood effect" which lingers.

(Notes: No real comments other than it making sense to have the spell more usefull)

Final note about cooldown-timers:
Some spells have massive cooldown-timers of 15 seconds and we all agree that adding more would be bad.

We would love to see them removed and replaced eith some other form of lag-preventing mechanic as it is almost impossible to train these at an interval of 15s.

I believe Katna had a somehow decent suggestion for this?

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts

I belive that if Sectumsempra was changed it could become a much more popular spell among high level players. And Vicis Vulpes I think should be capped at 6 hearts (12 damage) dealt not 4 because in my opinion it has to be casted at a very close range whitch makes if much less powerful then, say Bombarda. Other than those I agree with the ideas :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users