• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Armstrong

I have noticed how much commerce amongst players is becoming more and more popular, especially recently. I noticed how advertising trading offers in global chat can bother some people and they express their displeasure. So, I thought it would be nice to have a chat separate from global that allows players to advertise their offers and deals as much as they please without bothering players that did not want to see it, so I thought of Trade Chat.

Trade Chat would be seen by all players of the server, allowing players' advertising to reach as many people as possible to see if anyone is interested. However, unlike Global Chat, Trade Chat could be disabled: players could enter a command (something like /tc) to toggle whether the chat is visible to them or not. This way, players that are interested in viewing these deals can choose to view them, and others, choose not to. I think Trade Chat should be enabled for all players that connect to the server, that best eliminates incidents where players forget to enable it if they disabled it temporarily for whatever reason.

I believe this is a feature that would be very useful and satisfy all players. It would be an effective chat filter and would give players the freedom to be as expressive as wish to be when trading.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

I actually really like this idea. In fact, I would love to see the idea put on house chat also. I know of a few people that complain about house chat being really spammy sometimes, and sometimes this is during a class when the players are trying to take notes and such. I would love the idea of toggleable house chat. Sorry that this is a little bit off-topic to this post, but I had to slip this in somewhere.

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

I actually really like this idea. In fact, I would love to see the idea put on house chat also. I know of a few people that complain about house chat being really spammy sometimes, and sometimes this is during a class when the players are trying to take notes and such. I would love the idea of toggleable house chat. Sorry that this is a little bit off-topic to this post, but I had to slip this in somewhere.

I'm glad you like it. A toggleable house chat is an interesting idea.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

Woooow :D I love this Idear :D this will help boost the player trade on the server that we need alot! :D 

I hope this is possible to do? :D

FroschThink
  • FroschThink
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 205 posts
  • IGN:Josh Dun

Perhaps it could be like the other chats, but used by putting a colon infront of chat.

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

Perhaps it could be like the other chats, but used by putting a colon infront of chat.

That's the idea.

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Fance Garland

@Pandette Its like World of Warcraft :D Dat trade chat hue

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

@Pandette Its like World of Warcraft :D Dat trade chat hue

i dont play wow

GryffindorGalaxy
  • GryffindorGalaxy
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 74 posts
  • IGN:Alana Sinta

This idea is actually really amazing and I hope it gets inputted in the server. *two thumbs up*

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

This idea is actually really amazing and I hope it gets inputted in the server. *two thumbs up*

Thanks.  :)

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Fance Garland

i dont play wow

Well its just a channel the people can advertise goods and services in. Or if someone wants to trade something or sell. A /tc toggle would be good so only people who wish to see it will be able to. 

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

Well its just a channel the people can advertise goods and services in. Or if someone wants to trade something or sell. A /tc toggle would be good so only people who wish to see it will be able to. 

Precisely!  :D 

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

And we can toss those pesky Broom sellers out of global xD

Me like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users