• This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Sam167899
  • Sam167899
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:Sam167899

So, from my perspective, it seems that homework, is done by little to no students in the server. It would make sense, as all rewards that you reap are like 3 House Points, which, I would find rather unfair, because most homework is 2-10 pages long about a specific topic. So, I'm suggesting that we add a better rewarding system to the homework to encourage the students to do it more often. Now, before some of you ask or comment "Well, why do we care if players do their homework or not?" You're absolutely right, but when you take a teacher's/professor's perspective, you see them preparing 30-120 minute classes including a homework section in the end. Removing homework, would be clearing a whole load off teachers' backs, as they have to not only plan homework to assign to the students, but having to look through the homework they finished. The teachers and students devoting themselves and their time to write this homework, should be better rewarded, and I'm not saying this because I do my homework, but because I care about the professor and the players. Some examples of rewards would be like small amounts of xp, (Not intended, but) perhaps galleons, etc (I can't think of any). I don't know what it would be, but I think a better system could be put into place. Thanks for taking the time to read this  :P Love you all!                 - Skiylia

Potterhead103
  • Potterhead103
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 87 posts
  • IGN:Savannah Miller

As a professor, I like the idea.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

As someone who knows how varied professor stuff can be and that homework is specifically to get house points because > house points leads to a chance of being prefect, I disagree.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Just to clarify, I get where you are coming from, but that would mean bad professors could just give free xp to random people and they would be 7th year without doing anything.

Chris
  • Chris
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 121 posts
  • IGN:ChrisVD

RIght now I'm rewarding an average of 10-20 points per homework (if it has the proper content and length). And with the oppurtunities for xp from Gobstones and Flobberworms (+ classes and online time) it seems like this would be a little much. I just feel like they are being a little lazy with it. I've seen some students buckle down and do amazing homework. Most just don't want to put in the time. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users