• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts
  • IGN:Hayden Song/River Potter

So recently was thinking (oh no!) and something came to me.

Do we have a duo spell for spongify?

I think it could be a fun spell, perhaps. Maybe it could shoot slime blocks similar to how lumos maxima shoots glowstone (although probably not just one block after a lot of experience)?

Just a thought.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

This is an interesting idea... But if the slime block idea doesn't work out the new effect for Spongify Duo could be that the person who CASTED it will have invincible to fall damage for a certain amount of time, not just an AoE affect like normal Spongify. Great idea :)

BampireHannah
  • BampireHannah
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 132 posts
  • IGN:Hannah Lestrange

This is an interesting idea... But if the slime block idea doesn't work out the new effect for Spongify Duo could be that the person who CASTED it will have invincible to fall damage for a certain amount of time, not just an AoE affect like normal Spongify. Great idea :)

I agree with Veara on the invincible idea. Although (to River) the slime block idea is great, it could not only be used to troll, but it could be a bit annoying with the whole "bouncing" thing. The point of spongify is to stop fall damage, not bounce, lets leave that to flipendo.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

I like your idear more since it will keep the server lag free and you dont have to deal with the slow speed of spongify that dont allways save you from fall dmg anyways :) but since it still a pasive spell I dont think it should be a high tier spell or have a ton of movements :) 

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts

All great contributions (thanks!) that's a particularly good point about the trolling, and so the passive idea seems a good one.
although (to me) it seems like if it functions like the other duo spells I personally know of, the personal one would be the standard spell and the duo would be an AoE?
It doesn't have to conform, necessarily, though. Keep up the good ideas ^~^

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Instead of a whole new effect, why not a Spongify that shoots much faster and has a much wider AoE? That way it can actually save you WHILE you're falling?

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

@whiteNnerdy234 *x person casts spongify duo & doesn't use it for jumping* *x person becomes invincible to fall damage during duels* *x person uses spongify duo to fall off broom during matches to drop down faster rather than flying down*  I vote no to an invincibility spell.

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts

I'm currently confused about the status of opinions on this/what the open possibilities are

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

I'm currently confused about the status of opinions on this/what the open possibilities are

Basically, we love new spells but there has to be a limit to what is considered 'magic' and what is just outright a spell that doesnt need to exist.  Having invincibility on a person will result in very abusable results.

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts

Then would Andrew's solution be possible, or does spongify already go faster and wider as it is cast more?
Or if it is possible (and new) is it worth adding at all?

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

andrew's suggestion is possible, but it won't be added until after the rework of spellbook

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts

Okay, thanks a ton ^~^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users