18 replies to this topic

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hello everyone,

So it has come to our attention that changing houses might actually be beneficial, especially when it comes to balancing the houses.  For this reason, we are opening up house change applications for people who may want to be in another house and feel they have a legit reason to be in another house.

General Rules:

#1: You must be 3rd year +

#2: You must have legit reasoning not just "i really like this house" or "I hate that house & any other house is better"

#3: You can only change once

#4: The process must be approved by all 4 heads of houses.

#5: If there is a higher percentage of people in one house over another, you have a lower chance of being moved.

Please remember, this is with the goal to balance the houses.  We will make it publicly available to know what percentage of people are in which houses, but at the time of this announcement the current house percentages are:

Gryffindor: 26.2%
Slytherin: 24.6%

Hufflepuff: 24.5%
Ravenclaw: 24.2%

The application, which will be posted in the House Applications will be as followed:

IGN:

NAME:

HOUSE:

REQUESTED HOUSE:

WHY?: (3+paragraphs pls)

Remember, the chances of you being approved are not going to be super high, esp if you are applying for the house with the highest percent (ahem gryffindor) or trying to leave another house that has very few or very few high tier people (ie: slytherin with only 3 ppl over 5th year)

May the Odds be ever in your favor.

Pandette

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Sounds really cool but I would love to see what the percentages for active users(online within 1 month?) in the houses is xD
I feel like Slytherin and Gryffindor would drop a lot xD

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Sounds really cool but I would love to see what the percentages for active users(online within 1 month?) in the houses is xD
I feel like Slytherin and Gryffindor would drop a lot xD

The fact is we are not just trying to level the playing field of users, but also the fact that slytherin has no higher level users AT ALL.  There is one simple fact that slytherin NEVER has active users bc ppl who get placed there decide they don't like it.  This is a way to remedy that fact.  Additionally, some people may feel strongly for another house, and perhaps want to switch, the goal is we accept ppl switching that will positively impact a house that may be suffering at the time.

LeoMania
  • LeoMania
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 188 posts
  • IGN:Leo Garland

I don't like this.

BampireHannah
  • BampireHannah
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 132 posts
  • IGN:Hannah Lestrange

I don't like this.

I feel the same. It is a bit like changing houses is cheating the system.

NJDfire
  • NJDfire
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 67 posts
  • IGN:Skallent Grant

I preferred when there was no ability to change, it seemed more realistic to the films & books

Meow_Magic
  • Meow_Magic
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 127 posts
  • IGN:Meow Scarlet

People shouldn't really change unless it seems crazy for them to be in one house.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

People shouldn't really change unless it seems crazy for them to be in one house.

Yes, but it's not like we've had 50 people change houses. Two or three, at the most.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

I belive it has been 2 players.

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

I belive it has been 2 players.

It has been 2, Myself & Maymay literally SWAPPED houses.

Maymay: Slytherin --> Hufflepuff

Myself: Hufflepuff --> Slytherin

Umbreon Yuuki
  • Umbreon Yuuki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 254 posts
  • IGN:Umbreon River Yuuki - UmbreonQueen

If people feel the need to will they move people from one house to another without u asking to be moved

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

If people feel the need to will they move people from one house to another without u asking to be moved

no you need to apply, that is the only way to switch.

StaceyChaø
  • StaceyChaø
  • Professor
  • 518 posts
  • IGN:Stacey Longbottom

I preferred when there was no ability to change, it seemed more realistic to the films & books

But in the movies and books, your choice also chooses your house. That is why Harry Potter got Gryffindor instead...

Kenzie Hart
  • Kenzie Hart
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • IGN:Kenzie Hart

But in the movies and books, your choice also chooses your house. That is why Harry Potter got Gryffindor instead...

Harry Potter did get a choice in the matter, but if I remember correctly, the quiz on Knockturn also gives you the chance to select which House you want/think you might be placed in. Harry Potter very well could have been placed in Slytherin against his will, he just simply got lucky.

Another thing to consider:
At the beginning of each school year, exactly 40 students are admitted to Hogwarts - 20 boys and 20 girls. Somehow, whether planned out or not, each House magically ends up with 5 boys and 5 girls. Unless the kids admitted were already predestined for a certain House, then the Sorting Hat itself has to (and does all the time) reevaluate the last few remaining students to make the number of students in each House equal.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Harry Potter did get a choice in the matter, but if I remember correctly, the quiz on Knockturn also gives you the chance to select which House you want/think you might be placed in. Harry Potter very well could have been placed in Slytherin against his will, he just simply got lucky.

Another thing to consider:
At the beginning of each school year, exactly 40 students are admitted to Hogwarts - 20 boys and 20 girls. Somehow, whether planned out or not, each House magically ends up with 5 boys and 5 girls. Unless the kids admitted were already predestined for a certain House, then the Sorting Hat itself has to (and does all the time) reevaluate the last few remaining students to make the number of students in each House equal.

Actually JK rowling said that its not exactly 5 boys and 5 girls, but it was just a coincidence that gryffindor has that.

Kenzie Hart
  • Kenzie Hart
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • IGN:Kenzie Hart

Actually JK rowling said that its not exactly 5 boys and 5 girls, but it was just a coincidence that gryffindor has that.

Oh, my bad. o.o I didn't read that, but that makes more sense.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

@Fancepants #4

Hufflepuff2004
  • Hufflepuff2004
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:btb4

btb4
Blaine (last name in game Doumbledore)
Griffindor
Hufflepuff

I would like to change my house. I would like to change it bc one all the house test I take say Hufflepuff

2. When I got sorted it stayed hufflepuff but it comes up Griffindor.

I would be so so so happy if you would take this application into consideration

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

btb4
Blaine (last name in game Doumbledore)
Griffindor
Hufflepuff

I would like to change my house. I would like to change it bc one all the house test I take say Hufflepuff

2. When I got sorted it stayed hufflepuff but it comes up Griffindor.

I would be so so so happy if you would take this application into consideration

One) This is NOT the place to put this

Two) You are not a 3rd year

Three) You didn't use proper format

Four) You didn't provide 3 paragraphs.

Five) You necro posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users