Started by SelfieSheep , Mar 23 2016 02:15 PM

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

So Sociferre the spell used to transform a ingot to a iron golem is really weak if you ask me. 

1) I got it nonverbal

2) I got 20 nonverbal (100.000 cast on my wand) 

3) I am gifted in transfiguration 

but Sociferre only still works for 20-25sec for me. I would say when you are gifted in transfig, got it nonverbal and have so many cast on your wand, that Sociferre should last 3-5m and not only 20-25 sec. 

what do you guys think about it? :) like the normal user will never ever be able to cast that spell for more than 5 sec so I think something is wrong with it :I 

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

Update: 

I just tested it and it does not last 20-25 sec. It only last 14sec

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts
  • IGN:Hayden Song/River Potter

For something so painstakingly frustrating, transfig doesn't have such amazing payoffs  :unsure:

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

There's most likely a cap on the time of Sociferre's duration, as mine lasts about the same at Novice.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

Well if its a cap problems I think we should make them last way longer since I would Like to be able to summon in a Iron Golem in a duel and use Transfig spells in duels aswell :) I hope we are able to set up the cap to 3m at expert for normal users 2m if its your curse and 4m if its your gift :) 

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

That would be cool @SelfieSheep, but remember that Sociferrw can be used outside of combat zones. So what happens if an Iron Golem was summoned for 3 minutes on First Years in an enclosed area? They'd be slaughtered.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

That would be cool @SelfieSheep, but remember that Sociferrw can be used outside of combat zones. So what happens if an Iron Golem was summoned for 3 minutes on First Years in an enclosed area? They'd be slaughtered.

Not If they had the brains to not hit it / go near it. (Although,I can't be one to talk; I've hit many an Iron Golem before ;3 ).

I like this idea; What the point of having a nonverbal like this with only 14 seconds run time? o;

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

good point, but Iron golem dont attack players, only if attacked :) so if they are messing with it, they are taking the risk :) 

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

Not If they had the brains to not hit it / go near it. (Although,I can't be one to talk; I've hit many an Iron Golem before ;3 ).

I like this idea; What the point of having a nonverbal like this with only 14 seconds run time? o;

Yes I feel the same way about it, why have it nonverbal if it only give you 14 worth of an iron golem :( I want it changed alot! :D

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Fance Garland

This should really be posted in the suggestion section of the forums

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

I put it here because I would like to hear what people think first and if the agree with me I will post it there :) but for now I want to hear what other people think about this :) 

what do you think about it Fance? :) 

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

@Fancepants

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

@SelfieSheep I agree, it's something hard to do and then it's barely got a payout for all the time you spent Nonverbaling it.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

@SelfieSheep I agree, it's something hard to do and then it's barely got a payout for all the time you spent Nonverbaling it.

yea and that is not right, like Transfigurations spells are cool and I think its not fair that they are so underpowered :I

would you agree that the cap of the spell need to be set up to 2m if you are cursed in transfig, 3m for normal users and 4m for gifted in transfig? :) 

Mel :3
  • Mel :3
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Builder
  • 120 posts
  • IGN:Melanie Morrison

For someone who is talented in Transfig (referring to Oliver), and also has it at Nonverbal, 14 seconds seems unfair, compared to the other spells, such as Lumos, which can last up to 15 minutes or sth, or Colovaria, idek. I think its possible that there may be a bug? 

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

For someone who is talented in Transfig (referring to Oliver), and also has it at Nonverbal, 14 seconds seems unfair, compared to the other spells, such as Lumos, which can last up to 15 minutes or sth, or Colovaria, idek. I think its possible that there may be a bug? 

Yea it might be a bug but I am not sure about that, but I am glad that you agree that we need it to get it improved by fixing the bug/changing the cap or whatever it takes to make it right :) 

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

yea and that is not right, like Transfigurations spells are cool and I think its not fair that they are so underpowered :I

would you agree that the cap of the spell need to be set up to 2m if you are cursed in transfig, 3m for normal users and 4m for gifted in transfig? :)

I think that is fair, If someone has put the time into getting that spell high up and is gifted in it then they should have more 'payout' than those that don't do / have either. @SelfieSheep

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

*chants* needs to be longer

Kaneki
  • Kaneki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 381 posts
  • IGN:Kaneki Shimada

This all still seems a little bit sketchy to me if you ask me. Sure, it could be extended, but then what would be the real purpose of the spell?

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

Kaneki, it's a transfiguration spell. It turns one thing into another. What would be the purpose of turning a a piece of hay into a needle? Arrow to stick? Dirt to a pig?

Exactly, it's just a normal transfig spell, odd, and usually useless. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users