• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

i think the rule that if you have the password you may get in is not a good idea its been encouraging other houses to tru and get into each other and mess around with them for instance meloine has been constantly going into the slytherins house and threatning them he will rictumsempra them which is really wrong i sugestwe go back to the rule you can only go in there if you have permission from one of the people of that house if u want to at least keep it that other people can get into others house or go by the books if u were found in other peoples common rooms they would loose points cause y do u want other houses in your own common room

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

I somewhat agree, but not for the same reasons. Firstly, the issue Melonie has been solved, there's no need to bring it up again. Secondly, this rule (the rule Bella is proposing) is more canon; you don't see Hufflepuffs running around the Gryffondor commons, nor do you see Slytherins chilling in the Ravenclaw dormitories in either the books or movies. The only time we see a student from Gryffindor in another House's commonroom is when Harry goes with Luna to see the statue of Rowena Ravenclaw; And even then he had permission AND was trying to stop Voldemort.

-deep intake of breath-

But yeah, I support this idea.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I somewhat agree, but not for the same reasons. Firstly, the issue Melonie has been solved, there's no need to bring it up again. Secondly, this rule (the rule Bella is proposing) is more canon; you don't see Hufflepuffs running around the Gryffondor commons, nor do you see Slytherins chilling in the Ravenclaw dormitories in either the books or movies. The only time we see a student from Gryffindor in another House's commonroom is when Harry goes with Luna to see the statue of Rowena Ravenclaw; And even then he had permission AND was trying to stop Voldemort.

-deep intake of breath-

But yeah, I support this idea.

You never see it officially, but it was never stated either way.

Gleamss
  • Gleamss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 187 posts
  • IGN:Gleamss

Me and hormoney were playing hide and seek o-o

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

so this is a no? to the rule ?

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

I have had people yell, scream and try to cast on me while giving beds at Ravenclaw and guiding newbies. 

I prefer it this way where everyone with the password can enter and nobody needs to go to the commonroom and take points and deal with people who otherwise find their way in.

I would much rather remind people in global every now and then that the commonroom is open to anyone who can get in than having 10 people a day using helpop and demanding punishments for other sneaking into their commonroom.

Let us just discourage password-sharing and bond together as houses, keeping the doors closed and the password secure rather than stick together by being taddletales on other houses.
Let us all be friends and stuff :P

TL:DR: It might seem fine but it comes with too many issues. I would say no.

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

I agree with everything that @Crane said, and I also think that it would be too hard to keep control of if we made it how you're suggesting. Making sure that everyone is following the rule would be very difficult and it could cause more conflict than there already is (which, currently, is very little).

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

no problem :) but what about the first way i suggested your aloud entrie if your invited?

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Also, tbh, I don't think its fair that some people never get to see the other common rooms, those were decorated brilliantly and not getting to experience it just because of where you were sorted is kind of lame.

BloomingMoon
  • BloomingMoon
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Builder
  • 44 posts
  • IGN:BloomingMoon

Can I also add: What's the point? Inside the common rooms is literally the same things in different colors and styles. While there may be trolls who go in just to bug people, they have nothing to do inside and will eventually get bored UNLESS you throw a fit. The more you push at them and show that it bothers you,the more they will try to bug you. They can't open your chests, they can't use your beds. They can sit on your chairs and look pretty. So why keep them out? Maybe they like blue more than red and want to be surrounded by it instead? There is literally no reason to keep them out. So just let them be and eventually they'll go away. ಥ⌣ಥ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users