• This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

Hey guys. As I write this, I am lying in bed at 6:30am, and I have noticed something

Whilst being unable to get on the server, some people might want to chat with people easily, without starting PM chat or forum topic. This is where my suggestion comes in.

I have seen it done before, so I know it's possible. Perhaps one of our fabulus website coders (Bitz, Nomsy, etc c: ) could code/implement a live chat window, perhaps at the bottom of the forums or in another part of the website (similar to the existing ones, FAQ, Play Now, Calendar etc).

If this were added, yes, it would be another communication platform to monitor, but it would also be easy for people to report misbehaviors. It would add another sense of community, and (perhaps) have 3 sub-chats; General, NSFW and General. Staff would be locked with a password, and NSFW could have a warning screen before see the chat, warning young users of the language they might be exposed to.

In conclusion, this would not only bring more sense of community to our forums, it would allow users on mobile devices to communicate better with others. It would also allow people who cannot/don't get on the server to join in the conversation.

Thank you for reading.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Edit: I just realized that I misunderstood what you said, I'm for it. XD I thought you meant like an IRC type thing, not a forum chat.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

I actually like this idea, the idea of a live-chat with other members that are browsing the forums seems pretty cool :)

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • IGN:Nomsy Savage

For now you can use http://irc.nomsy.net/ to talk to people as well as interact with the server.

As for a forum chat, maybe, but not in the near future. It isn't on our priority list when it comes to managing the website.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

For now you can use http://irc.nomsy.net/ to talk to people as well as interact with the server.

As for a forum chat, maybe, but not in the near future. It isn't on our priority list when it comes to managing the website.

Okay, thanks for that. ^-^

jamierocks
  • jamierocks
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 7 posts

this sounds like something nomsy could do with stream.io (that's what it called right? :P)

or even better still rewrite the whole site in Golang, but hell one step at a time right?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users