• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Veryna
  • Veryna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 103 posts
  • IGN:Veryna Hunter

So I was farming toadstools in the Forbidden Forest, and at some point got a message stating my Prosiliox had reached Advanced. I realised it was much easier for me to level up my spells while actively doing something, such as killing toads, so I thought what if I could do that with all my spells? My idea is, what if we had an area/areas of some kind for spell spamming of this sort? There could be moving targets that you have to cast on, and if you hit them they disappear and maybe leave a prize of some sort behind, or maybe no prize at all. I can't speak for everybody, but I personally find it easier to level up spells when I'm running around hitting something at the same time, rather than just casting at a wall or something. These targets also could do damage possibly, but not kill you sort of like dueling doesn't actually let you die; or no damage at all could work too. Maybe there could be different targets for different spells, or maybe the same for each; I don't code so I don't know how it would work xD But basically my idea is areas for practising where you have to actively move and hit targets, just like toads/puffs/spiders. 

• Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 97 posts

This would help a lot.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

I think this would work for spells such as Prosiliox and Venditox, as you mentioned, but as for dueling spells, sometimes (if you're still in the 'backfire period') it's easier to spam at a wall. :3

Seph
  • Seph
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 152 posts
  • IGN:Seph Prion

Ah, someone finally said it. It does get boring spamming spells in front of a wall. 

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

I agree! I hate doing it against a wall but when I did Vicis on toads I got 600 just like that.

Veryna
  • Veryna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 103 posts

I think this would work for spells such as Prosiliox and Venditox, as you mentioned, but as for dueling spells, sometimes (if you're still in the 'backfire period') it's easier to spam at a wall. :3

It might be easier, yeah, but in my personal opinion I can't do it that way as I'll quickly get bored and make no progress. If there were moving targets, one would have to focus on moving around and hitting those targets which would hopefully make it less boring than "right click, right click, arrow up, left click." at a wall 500 times

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

I dunno about an actual coded way to do this just yet, but I could see about making some sort of training zone for different spells in the Mining World, if you'd like. :)

Veryna
  • Veryna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 103 posts

I dunno about an actual coded way to do this just yet, but I could see about making some sort of training zone for different spells in the Mining World, if you'd like. :)

Well the main point I was thinking for it is the moving targets, since with the magical mobs you have to chase after them and in some cases avoid damage while casting, so that element of having to move makes it more fun than standing still and clicking buttons

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

I could definitely make that happen @Veryna. :)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I could definitely make that happen @Veryna. :)

I am curious how you think you're gonna do it without creating immense lag O.O

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts
  • IGN:Hayden Song/River Potter

Love this idea, but the lag is a good point!

Curious to see how this is executed (and great idea, daughter of mine)  :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users