• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts
  • IGN:Hayden Song/River Potter

Heyo! So I'm not sure how difficult this would be to code, or how over-powered it would be, but hovering on a broom seems like it would be very helpful.

My idea is that that would be accomplished by holding the jump button (space by default) This would slowly bring the flier to a stop at their current altitude (faster would generally equal a slower stop but better brooms may have faster deceleration). Anywho, as this, like most things, may already be being coded so I'll stop talking now ^u^

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

The higher broom exp you have/higher level you are the easier it is to control your broom. Also, the quality of broom is also taken into account how easier it is to maneuver. I think you should be able to decelerate enough to a stopping point already just be look down while clicking to change speed/direction. I've been able to do it a few times where I slow down enough to a stopping point mid-air to hover.

I like the idea of using the spacebar as a deceleration though. As well as the idea of having better brooms decelerate faster.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

Better brooms would slow down faster but still take longer due to the fact that they were originally going faster.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

Although I like the idea, perhaps it would be easier if we used W and S keys acceleration and deceleration. It would be more.. Natural to use, because if you've been walking on ice in Minecraft you wand to slow down, you would generally press your 'walk back' key (or shift, but you'd fall of your broom :P ).
Just an add on to the suggestion. xD

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

Seems like you guys want to re-work all of the broom mechanics xD

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts
  • IGN:Hayden Song/River Potter

Yeah it seems like it would be a pain so I have no real expectations :P but the idea of being able to hover like in the books (and movies) seems like it would be very helpful, regardless of how it is done

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Minecraft has its own gravity, and therefore it is ALWAYS pulling people down.  If brooms were to 'stop' you would start sinking down unless I used a very laggy method to keep you from sinking down.  So what you are asking for it more lag in the server.

'

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users