• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

NJDfire
  • NJDfire
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 67 posts
  • IGN:Skallent Grant

Spells are an important part of the server but there is afew things that personally I think could be improved:

Wherever you are when you are casting if someone is near they will ask you to go away because its clogging up the chat.

The spell cool down is a great idea and helps others alot it just gets a bit annoying after a while

I have an idea that i think would sort this:
There would be a place or a room not full of targets or something but it would have it's own separate chat abit like a class room and there would be no spell cool down (optional.)

Note: I hope i did not insult anyone or the server this was just a idea of others that i thought i could expand on. I also made this to be as easy to the coders as possible so it would be like class with afew diff features.

-Skallent Grant

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Well, an easy remedy is to spellspam in the Forbidden Forest, where not only you can use most spells but people will be filling up chat as they kill Toadstools and such anyway. :)

Rose
  • Rose
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 117 posts
  • IGN:Rose Schoenheit

I agree with Andrew.  There are plenty of places to spell spam away from others.

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

Also, the spell cooldown is not merely there for the roleplay aspect, but it is also there to serve a function believe it or not! It is implemented on certain spells to prevent lag or the server/plugin from crashing.

I like the idea of having a designated practice area where chat is restricted though to prevent chat spam while players practice.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

You could also just go in a box in mining world, you could constantly change the view!

Malia SHSL Memelord
  • Malia SHSL Memelord
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:Malia McGonagall

room of requirement? :3

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

room of requirement? :3

yes pls :c

NJDfire
  • NJDfire
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 67 posts
  • IGN:Skallent Grant

The Reason i made this was people were talking about spell areas and i thought of a way to make it more ez for those who are coding by using the classroom plugin

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Anyone talking about spell spamming areas doesnt have an concept for how code works.  Go to the forbidden forest and use the mobs, they are moving targets.  We will be continuing to add more mobs as time goes on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users