• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

ok so i know some of our spells are based of abilities of league of legends so i propose  another one it turns you invisiable and leaves a decoy like maybe your head on a weapon stand in leather armour 

would be a good spell in duels to get your self into a better position and so its not spammed put it on like 8-10 secs cd im not sure it would be possible but would be very interesting spell :)

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

Interesting idea, I don't know if this is true but I feel like this spell would cause a bit of lag because it's spawning an armor stand where you're standing, but don't quote me on that I don't do the codez yet so I wouldn't know. Interesting idea though...

SeaaHoney
  • SeaaHoney
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 135 posts
  • IGN:Clove Lestrange

You're correct about the lag Veara. I feel like this spell is somewhat impossible but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

I feel like invisibility is a very refined form of magic and should only be used in "lost forms of magic" like those cast on invisibility cloaks which are passed down through generations.
It should not be anything that we as wizards and witches should be able to able to reproduce so easily that it could be used in a duel - and that goes for invis-potions as well :P

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

then make it a verry high teir like 9 or 10 somthing its not easy to get and hard to spam to with 5 movements 

Cora
  • Cora
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

I agree with Liam. Although it sounds like a cool idea, it really isn't that practical. What use would this be to Oliver, or Fritz. The only Tier 7+ casters would find no real use in this. They can two shot an opponant with Bombards.

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

a bombards getting nerfed soon thank the heavens for that but high teirs that wont work need to keep your self moving and running away and getting stuck in a bad postion like right after a orbis would be the best to use it to get away and heal your self up espessaly with the shield buster spell comming out this would help out alot cause wont be able to rely on your protego so having a way of escape is just so handy 

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

An entity being spawned I can tell you right now isn't likely, but what I could do which wouldn't require too much work is a spell that when cast, teleports you to a random location within a certain radius upon taking damage. Would that work @Crane @ManlyChickenbuck?

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts

It would have to check if the place is useable but how if it teleports you behind the caster of the spell that hit you? XD like you cast it as a protégé like crouch-to-keep and if someone casts on you and hits you, you insta-tp behind them?

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts

Gah autocorrect....

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

It would have to check if the place is useable but how if it teleports you behind the caster of the spell that hit you? XD like you cast it as a protégé like crouch-to-keep and if someone casts on you and hits you, you insta-tp behind them?

No, I've NEVER seen anything like that before. :P That's a possibility too. :)

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

both of those are great ideas :) i thnk the random tp would be better cause if u tp behind them there is a chasnce that can backfire on u and they turn around and hit u?

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

both of those are great ideas :) i thnk the random tp would be better cause if u tp behind them there is a chasnce that can backfire on u and they turn around and hit u?

What about if we made the function vary on the amount of damage done? If the caster's health is less than or equal to 30% of their maximum health, teleport randomly, otherwise teleport behind the opposing caster. Thoughts @Crane? Additionally, I plan for this spell to have 5-10 seconds after casting to take effect without crouching, so it's perfectly possible to ready a backstab blow in the meantime. :)

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts

If you do the tp-thing please let it drop a log when it happens xD also random tp could glitch you out or arenas or into a hill lol. I think two spells would be fine :P also AOE nullum incendium plez xD

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

If you do the tp-thing please let it drop a log when it happens xD also random tp could glitch you out or arenas or into a hill lol. I think two spells would be fine :P also AOE nullum incendium plez xD

First, why do you want it to drop a log? If I did make it drop something, I think it would be cool to be a Magma Cream or something that when stepped on sets you on fire or gives you slowness or something so the spell kinda melts you from one area to another.

Second, your concerns. Tping out of an arena I think I could deal with if I look at WorldGuard or something. Suffocation isn't an issue; Make a list of all blocks within x radius, for each block check if the two blocks above it are air, if so, add it to a list of possible locations. I will keep the radius I think a maximum of 5 radius to avoid too many issues as well. Also, two spells sounds like a good idea. :)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

i think a block instead of an armor stand would be better, but this is possible, it would be like talons ult.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

we could also have it do damage to people in a vector is they stand in the area between the original location is the 'new location'

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

i think a block instead of an armor stand would be better, but this is possible, it would be like talons ult.

Maybe we could have @Fancepants or someone make a statue block out of something(Maybe a Dropper?) for use by this spell? I also like the idea of damage being done in the vector of travel. :)

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

I think we will do two spells, the one that leaves a block behind and randomly teleports you, and one that "melts" you, leaving a magma cream or blaze powder behind and teleporting directly behind an attacker, that sound good? :)

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

wait this is happining now :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users