• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

draggonblader
  • draggonblader
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 18 posts
  • IGN:draggonblader

What if there were to be counter spells added I mean why have the family gift of counter spells with out there actually being counter spells I think this would be a good idea for people to like stop a spell from being cast like ,mimble wimble, like a counter spell for lets say rictusempra so instead of being tickled you would like block it as If you were holding a shield 

hope you like my idea, if not sorry for wasting all the time you spent reading this ;)

-Dragon (Draggonblader) Tonks  

James
  • James
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 141 posts
  • IGN:James Wayland

Protego is a shield???

draggonblader
  • draggonblader
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 18 posts

counter spells (not protego)

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

Protego is a shield???

Ecaxtly. There are already counter-spells on the server, and the spells you suggested to have counter-spells are Curses and Hexes (Tounge Tying Curse and the Tickling Hex). Seeing as Hexes cannot be undone with a spell (Counter-Hexes), the suggestion for a counter-Mimble Wimble is a good one, but impractical. Curses are rather limited wither their 'counters'. A counter-Rictusempra has been suggested previously, and was denied (I think, I may be incorrect in saying this).

More counter-spells may be added in the future, but I cannot be certain in saying this.

draggonblader
  • draggonblader
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 18 posts

ok sorry for wasting your time :(

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

Ecaxtly. There are already counter-spells on the server, and the spells you suggested to have counter-spells are Curses and Hexes (Tounge Tying Curse and the Tickling Hex). Seeing as Hexes cannot be undone with a spell (Counter-Hexes), the suggestion for a counter-Mimble Wimble is a good one, but impractical. Curses are rather limited wither their 'counters'. A counter-Rictusempra has been suggested previously, and was denied (I think, I may be incorrect in saying this).

More counter-spells may be added in the future, but I cannot be certain in saying this.

When the server turns to 1.9, there will be a LOT of new spell improvements, and a counter-curse/hex for Rictusempra is one of them > :)

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Also, http://forum.knocktu...-spell-changes/

These were pretty much all approved by the community.

Our beloved spelldev Andrew *Cracks whip* is working on implementing a lot of changes along with some very interesting things :3

In general most Jinxes would have some sort of counter :P

draggonblader
  • draggonblader
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 18 posts

can I ask one more question?

draggonblader
  • draggonblader
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 18 posts

how do I download 1.9 I don't know how I never updated minecraft before?   :unsure:

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

You do not download it, it has already happened and you switched away otherwise you couldn't play right now

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

This should help; f228e74b0aebcce1a14255553f9fd2c4.gif

draggonblader
  • draggonblader
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 18 posts

:unsure:well the problem is it might be downloaded or something but I cant DO anything like I cant join servers OR my own worlds 

draggonblader
  • draggonblader
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 18 posts

:unsure:

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

:unsure:well the problem is it might be downloaded or something but I cant DO anything like I cant join servers OR my own worlds 

When you are using 1.9, you cannot play on 1.8 and below servers. In order to play on a server like Knockturn which is currently 1.8, you have to go back to the launcher and change it.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Just saying, as of right now there are no legitimate Curses on the server. :P

draggonblader
  • draggonblader
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 18 posts

I tried that though

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

A server has to be on 1.9 in order for you to join it, we are still on 1.8 and we will update as soon as possible.

Sebastian Graham
  • Sebastian Graham
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:Sebastian Graham

A server has to be on 1.9 in order for you to join it, we are still on 1.8 and we will update as soon as possible.

Yes! I was worried that we never would update. This makes me so happy. Do you think that you could give us a time to expect it by? I do realize that it may be hard to estimate, but I would like to have a date.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

There is no ETA. Having an ETA leads to unrealistic deadlines, false hope, and a bad product. It will be ready when it's ready.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users