• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

StaceyChaø
  • StaceyChaø
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Professor
  • 518 posts
  • IGN:Stacey Longbottom

If you were to play an instrument, what would it be?

If you play an instrument, what is it?

If you play an instrument but don't like it, what would you want to play?

I would play the tuba, but it would crush me :P. I play the trumpet right now, and it is pretty cool.

Rose
  • Rose
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 117 posts
  • IGN:Rose Schoenheit

My primary instruments are clarinet and voice (Soprano).

I've learned all of the "common" band and orchcestra instruments, though I'm not very good at most of them because it's been a few years.

Out of all of them, I disliked trumpet and flute the most.  This is probably because they are played so much differently than the clarinet.

I'd like to get back into playing violin and piano.

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

I play piano and have been for about 12 years now!

I also play the ukulele now and have been for about 3 years :P

I'm in love with piano but have always wanted to learn to play the guitar and somehow combine those skills to learn the keytar :D

Maybe it will happen someday, but guitar is just so hard xD

StaceyChaø
  • StaceyChaø
  • Professor
  • 518 posts

My primary instruments are clarinet and voice (Soprano).

I've learned all of the "common" band and orchcestra instruments, though I'm not very good at most of them because it's been a few years.

Out of all of them, I disliked trumpet and flute the most.  This is probably because they are played so much differently than the clarinet.

I'd like to get back into playing violin and piano.

Clarinet to me is pretty cool. I tried it once but couldn't get the reed to work :P.

StaceyChaø
  • StaceyChaø
  • Professor
  • 518 posts

I play piano and have been for about 12 years now!

I also play the ukulele now and have been for about 3 years :P

I'm in love with piano but have always wanted to learn to play the guitar and somehow combine those skills to learn the keytar :D

Maybe it will happen someday, but guitar is just so hard xD

12 years!! :o 

Wow, I wonder if I would have the patience to learn an instrument for 12 years. Nice that you play two instruments :D.

Ryan
  • Ryan
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 151 posts
  • IGN:Ryan_Red

I play the piano, I have for about 6 years or so (I can't really remember xD). I really enjoy it, so I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. :3

I would also would love to learn the guitar but It's hard and I'm lazy! :D

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

I would play piano, but IDK about finding the time for it. I like to sing but I find myself in between Alto and Soprano, very hard to decide which one to sing sometimes so I stick to being a middle/alto. 

Griffinpuff12
  • Griffinpuff12
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Student
  • 3831 posts
  • IGN:Lyra Bennett

I would love to learn violin, I would like to learn any instrument, really. XD I'm currently learning ukulele. 

I have played piano for almost 6 years, guitar for almost a year, cultural drums (and stepping) for about three years, and the drum set for about a year. ^-^ And I've been singing for... half of my life maybe? Idek. X3

Andrew Longbottom
  • Andrew Longbottom
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 115 posts
  • IGN:AndrewIsAPenguin

I've been singing for quite a few years. I took choir, private lessons, then did acapella and a sort of glee/karaoke group. I'm taking a break from it now. I love it but I've always been a terrible singer. 

I've also been playing cello for a while now (I can't keep track of time) and I enjoy playing a little bit of classical but also rock and pop on it. 

I've strummed guitars, pianos, and violins but never really given them much of a go. Cello is the instrument that clicks with me the most.

I would love to be able to play a multitude of instruments, but I'm extremely happy with cello. So, I guess the only thing I would wish for is an electric cello. Those things are awesome; I love playing them! (And super expensive).

Cora
  • Cora
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

I play the Alto Sax, although my heart beats at the back of the stage with Percussion. (See what I did there?) I also like Piano, and would like to someday learn what the black keys mean/do. :3

Kagome-plays-MC
  • Kagome-plays-MC
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 46 posts
  • IGN:Kagome Bell

I play the saxaphone at the moment

DisneyDucky
  • DisneyDucky
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 119 posts
  • IGN:Seraphina Sinta

I play the clarinet, piano, drums and a few notes of the Alto Sax

Adiduss
  • Adiduss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 133 posts
  • IGN:Hayden Song/River Potter

I play trumpet and will soon be taking up French horn, and perhaps I'll be taking up melophone this summer in Marching Band

Seph
  • Seph
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 152 posts
  • IGN:Seph Prion

I've been playing the piano for about seven years with no real practice. Like, what I mean is the fact that I've never taken piano lessons, and that I've only been learning how to play songs through Synthesia tutorials. I did, however, take a Piano 1 course for an elective this freshman year and blew through it, so I expect more next year with Piano 2.

But, hey, experimenting with the piano for seven years did do me some benefits. 

I would love to learn how to play the violin and the guitar. I'm a sucker for piano/violin arranges and compositions, and acoustic guitar solos just make me melt. 

Tiberius
  • Tiberius
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 97 posts
  • IGN:Tiberius [Tiberius_04] Everhart

I currently play piano and trumpet, I wanna play violin.

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Does triangle count? If so I think I played one like 10 years ago. Also I like to hum songs in the shower but they are mostly by Korn and my voice is horrible sooooo xD

I would love to play guitar, it seems cool xD

_breezeblocks_
  • _breezeblocks_
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1231 posts
  • IGN:Tessa Malamius

mine is mainly my voice, but i do practice piano when i'm not in singing lessons. c:

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

I used to be really good on the Tenor Sax but it's been years, I'd need work to get back into it. I'd love to play piano but I fear I won't be able to hear the notes(10/10 if anyone gets the reference. :P)

Meow_Magic
  • Meow_Magic
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 127 posts
  • IGN:Meow Scarlet

I have been playing Alto sax for three years now with three teachers c: (moved, then 2nd teacher moved schools now with a nice teacher. Fave is prob one I got now. She is like the middle of both of the old ones). I love alto. I just HATE solos. So I cri cause I only alto in the 8th grade band.

Esther
  • Esther
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 80 posts
  • IGN:EtherealPrism

I professionally play the recorder.

JK

I've played some percussion instruments  for 7 years (mainly my drum kit and I used to play the Timpani for band). I've been playing the guitar for about three years.  I am somewhat able to play the alto saxophone. Also, does screeching count as singing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users