Started by Richela , Apr 26 2016 12:45 AM

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Cris
  • Cris
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 320 posts
  • IGN:Cris Anna Malfoy

Aunt Bethie is head of Malfoys. So for heads if you want them it should be a reasonable, active, NICE person :3 (like Aunt Bethie) :3

Yeah! And why can't people who have changed their name or been adopted be in the family house too?

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Fance Garland

*adds 100 new families*

NOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Fance Garland

Yeah! And why can't people who have changed their name or been adopted be in the family house too?

Do you know how many people that is? Your asking us to keep track of all that information. There are so many people that switch from family to family.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Do you know how many people that is? Your asking us to keep track of all that information. There are so many people that switch from family to family.

And they do so constantly and then you expect us to be like: so you want us to move your bed for the 11th time this week?

Cris
  • Cris
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 320 posts
  • IGN:Cris Anna Malfoy

And they do so constantly and then you expect us to be like: so you want us to move your bed for the 11th time this week?

I don't mean all of course. But, for example, the ones more active and that are not likely to leave the family (example my in game sis lily)

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

I don't mean all of course. But, for example, the ones more active and that are not likely to leave the family (example my in game sis lily)

Yes, but if we allow it for one, we have to allow it for all. We couldn't just say "Oh, you seem pretty nice, you can live in your name change house" for one person and then say "But you can't" to another.

Sebastian Graham
  • Sebastian Graham
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:Sebastian Graham

No, the houses will not be edited unless there is some sort of problem with them. It's hard to choose a "family head" for each house anyway.

How hard would it be to determine who has the most hours within the last month or so? If it's not too hard then that could be used to determine the head of the family. Either that, or some combination between whoever has the most the most hours total, and who has been online longest / offline shortest (The latter part to prevent inactive players from being head). Even if the head doesn't get any special privileges, it'd be cool to just know who counts as the head.

Sebastian Graham
  • Sebastian Graham
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:Sebastian Graham

I kind of like that classes idea. It makes a lot of sense. Would the family be able to change their class? It wouldn't make sense for the richest person on the server to be in a low class family. Also, would the classes have an effect on how many galleons players start with? That would be a neat feature.

Rey Wayland
  • Rey Wayland
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 137 posts
  • IGN:Rey Wayland

The person might be rich but the rest of the family matters too! You can't judge anyone by the amount of money they have, what if you lose it all? I think if is not mentioned on the books or movies should be random like richella said. My opinion. :P

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

How hard would it be to determine who has the most hours within the last month or so? If it's not too hard then that could be used to determine the head of the family. Either that, or some combination between whoever has the most the most hours total, and who has been online longest / offline shortest (The latter part to prevent inactive players from being head). Even if the head doesn't get any special privileges, it'd be cool to just know who counts as the head.

I'm going to remind you guys again that there are well over 200 families. Managing the permissions group alone would be a nightmare. If someone suddenly goes inactive, we'd have to somehow still be keeping track of it and switch them out.
Also, if they don't have any other purpose other than a title holder, then you guys can just keep doing what everyone already has and just pick one within your family for fun.

On the thing you said about classes, the answer is no. Families will have set classes and that's that. Again, it would be too hard for us to monitor the amount of money each person has in a family. Then if we decided to switch them, we'd have to build a whole new house for it and add it into a town or create a new town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users