• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Richela
  • Richela
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

It has come to our attention that there has been a lot of cheating going on on the server. Before now, it had never been explicitly stated that some of these things were against the rules, but I'm going to clear that up right here and now.

To start off, I'm going to talk about attending classes on other people's accounts. Not only is this against the EULA because it is account sharing, it is also considered by staff to be cheating. We consider it cheating because that person is not actually doing the work to attend a class. Often times, a person is given galleons or gets some other sort of payment for attending a class on someone else's account to get the experience. If we find people doing this, both people (or more, if applicable) will be punished. The punishment for this will usually be a tempban.

Another thing that we consider cheating is logging onto someone else's account and spell spamming for them. Again, you aren't doing the work to get that spell EXP, so it is cheating. It is also against the EULA because, again, you are sharing your account with someone else. If people are caught doing this, all people involved will be tempbanned.

We also consider playing Quidditch/sitting on brooms on other people's accounts to be cheating. You are account sharing as well as having someone else do work for you on the server. It's just not fair to those who actually work for their levels. It is especially bad if you are having others play on your account while playing in games that are for the Quidditch Cup. Like the first two, someone is usually paid to do this. All people caught doing this will be tempbanned.

This last one is different than the first 3, but is still cheating. There have been people who do homework then let other people sign it and turn it in, effectively earning points for someone else. This is kit account sharing, but it is still paying someone else to do work for you. This especially affects house points and can give some houses an unfair advantage. If you are caught doing this, you will be tempbanned.

Most people who have been doing this have been pardoned for now since these things were not explicitly stated in the rules list. However, anyone who does these things from now on will be punished accordingly.

We would also like to warn you all that account sharing can be dangerous. If someone else can log onto your account, you can't guarantee that they won't abuse that power on this server or others. We've already had one incident where someone used someone else's account to evade their ban (the people had been doing one of the things above) without the account owner's permission.

HaliaBoo
  • HaliaBoo
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 292 posts
  • IGN:Halia Barnes/Savage/Malfoy (LittleBooCreeps)

Say you are killing Toadstools(Or any mob) for a friend(On your own account) and leaving the xp/money on the ground for her/him to pick up, they are on their own account and I am on my own, is that still allowed?

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts

Say you are killing Toadstools(Or any mob) for a friend(On your own account) and leaving the xp/money on the ground for her/him to pick up, they are on their own account and I am on my own, is that still allowed?

That is allowed. Since you are both present and on your own accounts, we consider that okay. It's also because people almost never do that for money, it's just two friends helpin each other out. They are also working together on that, so that could be another reason that we consider that okay vs the other things not being okay.

HaliaBoo
  • HaliaBoo
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 292 posts
  • IGN:Halia Barnes/Savage/Malfoy (LittleBooCreeps)

Okay, thank you!

The Emma
  • The Emma
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 243 posts
  • IGN:Emma~Emma Rimma~Chibi Dino Savage

Thank you Richela for announcing this. I feel this is needed as it seems to be happening not quite often but it still happens. Hopefully people will follow this rule :)

Kitty
  • Kitty
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 309 posts
  • IGN:Kitteh [Kitteh01] Starling

That is allowed. Since you are both present and on your own accounts, we consider that okay. It's also because people almost never do that for money, it's just two friends helpin each other out. They are also working together on that, so that could be another reason that we consider that okay vs the other things not being okay.

Say you were getting paid to do this? Would this be against the rules? :3

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts

Say you were getting paid to do this? Would this be against the rules? :3

Eh, no. Both people would still have to be online and present for the whole thing to benefit, and they'd be on their own accounts. 

Meow_Magic
  • Meow_Magic
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 127 posts
  • IGN:Meow Scarlet

YAY!!! Time to get cascade on more and ask her to cast and let me have xp and she can have the G

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

YAY!!! Time to get cascade on more and ask her to cast and let me have xp and she can have the G

I'll do that with you :D

Gleamss
  • Gleamss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 187 posts
  • IGN:Gleamss

@ColonelBubbles *Does mind trick* "You WILL help me year up"....

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

If I get paid enough *falls for trick*

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

Or, or just ask me, Y'know.

Meow_Magic
  • Meow_Magic
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 127 posts
  • IGN:Meow Scarlet

@ColonelBubbles @Draco

I so close to Y5 so if u want 2, we can talk prices :3

Draco
  • Draco