Stupefy

Started by Draco , May 02 2016 05:48 PM

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Draco
  • Draco
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 605 posts

So, obviously the new update is being coded, but for that wait whilst you are being hit by Stupefy for **:** Meaning you need to bug staff... Well, what about a warp? /warp Stupefy that would heal you when you hit a pressure plate so that then staff especially the busy admins and Owners (Co - Owners included).

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Hm, I don't know how viable this idea is, but I do like the sounds of it. My only concern with this is the healing command isn't specific to a certain spell, it's not /heal Stupefy, it's just /heal. This means it could heal any spell that afflicts a target with a potion effect, and this could be abused to remove effects of a spell that does in fact have not only a counter, but is not possibly(within reason) infinite, such as Obscuro. This could also be abused to remove Umbreo, a spell designed to not be removed with milk and is intended to be waited out. That's just my two cents though. :)

Sebastian Graham
  • Sebastian Graham
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:Sebastian Graham

Maybe there could be a new spell that removes the effects of Stupefy? It would be Ennervate, because that's what's used in the books, and it could remove the effects. But I don't know how the coding works or anything, so it may have the same problems that Andrew mentioned for the pressure plate. It's an idea though.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

Maybe there could be a new spell that removes the effects of Stupefy? It would be Ennervate, because that's what's used in the books, and it could remove the effects. But I don't know how the coding works or anything, so it may have the same problems that Andrew mentioned for the pressure plate. It's an idea though.

Rennervate is 50% coded atm, will be finished by 1.9 :)

Sebastian Graham
  • Sebastian Graham
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 62 posts

Rennervate is 50% coded atm, will be finished by 1.9 :)

It's not Rennervate, it's Ennervate. I've got the book right here. There's only 1 R. Unless, of course, you made a typo, in which case you should ignore this post.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

It's not Rennervate, it's Ennervate. I've got the book right here. There's only 1 R. Unless, of course, you made a typo, in which case you should ignore this post.

"He raised his own wand, pointed it at Winky, and said, “Rennervate!” Winky stirred feebly."- Harry Potter Wiki http://harrypotter.w.../Reviving_Spell

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

Etymology

The original incantation was Enervate, which means "to weaken".[7] Due to this misconception, J.K. Rowling officially renamed it to "Rennervate",[7] which means "to energise".

↑ 7.0 7.1 Harry Potter Lexicon: changes in text 

http://harrypotter.w.../Reviving_Spell

Section: Etymology

From Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: "He raised his own wand, pointed it at Winky, and said, "Ennervate!"" pg. 133 

Edit: Please note that the Etymology thing seems to have a typo when it says "Enervate", it only has one n where it should have two. :)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

please just be patient.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

Hm, I don't know how viable this idea is, but I do like the sounds of it. My only concern with this is the healing command isn't specific to a certain spell, it's not /heal Stupefy, it's just /heal. This means it could heal any spell that afflicts a target with a potion effect, and this could be abused to remove effects of a spell that does in fact have not only a counter, but is not possibly(within reason) infinite, such as Obscuro. This could also be abused to remove Umbreo, a spell designed to not be removed with milk and is intended to be waited out. That's just my two cents though. :)

Just an FYI, /effect remove slowness should do it.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

Just an FYI, /effect remove slowness should do it.

Actually, you cannot do /effect clear on specific effects. :P However, it is possible to set the effect with a timer of 0 I discovered, just an FYI.

Sebastian Graham
  • Sebastian Graham
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 62 posts

Etymology

The original incantation was Enervate, which means "to weaken".[7] Due to this misconception, J.K. Rowling officially renamed it to "Rennervate",[7] which means "to energise".

↑ 7.0 7.1 Harry Potter Lexicon: changes in text 

http://harrypotter.w.../Reviving_Spell

Section: Etymology

From Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: "He raised his own wand, pointed it at Winky, and said, "Ennervate!"" pg. 133 

Edit: Please note that the Etymology thing seems to have a typo when it says "Enervate", it only has one n where it should have two. :)

Well, as long as J.K. Rowling officially renamed it, then I guess it's fine. I was fully prepared to go find every instance in the entire series where it says "Ennervate" instead of "Rennervate"

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

xD I was totally going to be 'that one person' but then I did some research and found more on that, as well as finding the spell in the book. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users