• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Sebastian Graham
  • Sebastian Graham
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:Sebastian Graham

Although it's not hugely important, I think it would be good if there were a way to stay signed in on the forums. Sure, it's easy to just sign in, but it's easier to not have to. And if anyone wants to sign in anonymously, then they can just sign out and back in.

The Emma
  • The Emma
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 243 posts
  • IGN:Emma~Emma Rimma~Chibi Dino Savage

If you want to stay signed in, just check the Remember Me box though this is not recommended for shared computers unless you are fine with the risk of someone else who uses that computer and goes on your account to do something to get you in trouble. 

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

I stay signed in...? Should let you....

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

Emma is correct. If you select the 'Remember me' or 'Stay sign in' boxes when you log in, it will remember your details and automatically open the website when you come online. It is very useful, but a bit risky if you have a shared computer or mobile device.

Sebastian Graham
  • Sebastian Graham
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 62 posts

Emma is correct. If you select the 'Remember me' or 'Stay sign in' boxes when you log in, it will remember your details and automatically open the website when you come online. It is very useful, but a bit risky if you have a shared computer or mobile device.

By "Stay signed in", I mean never having to click the "Sign in" button again. So I am always signed in. The "Remember Me" box just keeps the info pre-typed. That's fine, but I think it would be better to not have to sign in, but just have it already signed in when I first load the website.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

By "Stay signed in", I mean never having to click the "Sign in" button again. So I am always signed in. The "Remember Me" box just keeps the info pre-typed. That's fine, but I think it would be better to not have to sign in, but just have it already signed in when I first load the website.

you might have something wrong with your browser then.  Remember me stores a cookie so you don't have to sign in.  The information being pretyped is because your browser remembers form boxes for you not because you hit remember me.  I am always signed in and never have to hit the log in unless my cookie has expired.

Sebastian Graham
  • Sebastian Graham
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 62 posts

you might have something wrong with your browser then.  Remember me stores a cookie so you don't have to sign in.  The information being pretyped is because your browser remembers form boxes for you not because you hit remember me.  I am always signed in and never have to hit the log in unless my cookie has expired.

Oh ok. That makes sense.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users