As the title says, we are now opening Helper and Moderator applications! Everyone who qualifies can now feel free to apply for either!
The application formats for both can be found in the Guidelines for Applying. Please read over these application formats and the information at the top of the guidelines before posting your application. If you post an application with an improper format, title, or unanswered questions, it will be denied on sight.
I'm sure you all know what Moderators are expected to do (especially since there are posts about it on the forums), but I'm going to explain what the Helper role is all about in this announcement. Here is a list of most of the things Helpers will be expected to do/know:
- Be able to guide new players that join the server (From where they spawn after Professor Oak -> Their common rooms after sorting)
- Answer common questions that new players have
- Be able to answer any of the questions on the current FAQ
- Know where most or all of the important places in Hogwarts are
- Know where the most important places on the general server are
- Have a good understanding of how the server works
- Be able to responsibly use a separate chat for only Helper-related things (yes, there will be Helper chat that staff will also have access to)
- Have and maintain a friendly and welcoming tone
- Be able and willing to help players before and after they are sorted
- Know how to play/explain Quidditch, Gobstones, Snaps, etc
- Know what new players need to have and what they already have when they first join the server
There are more things, but these are some of the more important ones. If you have any questions or suggestions about the role, feel free to message me or reply to this thread.
Also please remember that Helper is not a staff role. You will get your own Helper chat (only for Helper-related things) and the title as well as some authority over regular users, but you are not staff. This is why Teamspeak will not be required (although it is very helpful), and there will be no age limit. The only requirement is that you must be year 2+ for Helper. If you are already a Mod, don't apply for Helper. If you get Helper and later want to be a Mod, we'll move you from Helper to Mod because there is no need to be both at once.