• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Shadow
  • Shadow
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 282 posts
  • IGN:Shadow Blishen

Hello everyone! ^-^ Here is my new idea.

"Simple apart, but deadly together." These spells might be a high tier, but learning the combinations can prove deadly useful. They are high tier, around 8-9 because it would be very difficult magic to perform. On to the spells! :D

How does this work?

Well, protego is coded with something to detect when another spell hits it, I assume, so why not be able to make a spell that detects another spell hitting it, and if successful, perform another more advanced effect.

I'm sure all of these will have to start out looking like special flares that perform their action upon landing, since they will have to somehow detect each other en' route.

"Aeroventus" will shoot out a small stream of cloud particles, which knockback the target on hit

If two people's "Aeroventus" hit each other, a small whirlwind will form. This whirlwind will pull in players and slightly damage them.

"Pluvius" will create a cloud of rain that slows players in it's radius and deals poison damage (acid rain)

"Pluvius + Pluvius" will create a tsunami that knocks players up in the air and slows them.

"Fulgurius" will create a basic lightning strike.

"Fulgurius + Fulgurius" create a static field that does damage and "shocks" the players screen. (Idk how you do it, but I've seen shaky screens been made. Someone said too many packets, but I don't know how it was done.)

"Fulgurius + Aeroventus + Pluvius"  create a large storm cloud that sucks players in, slows them, and drops lightning every few seconds, and lasts around 10 seconds. 

As you can see, those are just three examples of spells that could "combine". The possibilities are endless, however I don't know if this is quite possible. Thank you for reading my idea :D. I would really love some feedback.

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

This is an insanely great idea! I love it! I think this would be awesome, great great great idea! :D

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

Interesting idea, but I want to point out that "high tier" is not at all 5-6. That's middle ranged tier. Spells like this would most likely be Tier 9+, considering the power and effects of them.

Alice
  • Alice
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 211 posts
  • IGN:Alice Demure (Formerly Cunningham)/[Qlivia]

Wow. Love this idea but I assume it wouldn't really be possible to have a storm cloud just above one player? If you think about multiple people doing it at the same time it'd definitely create lag too (and so would the other spells?) But I mean, what do I know :/

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

This is.. An interesting idea. Whilst I like the idea, I'm not quite sure how this would work, or be coded. It's unique, but I don't think it really fits on the server.

However, at the moment, the few SpellDevs and coders for the server are flat out dealing with server bugs and ossues- and they're not even starting on Spell issues yet. This might work well, it might not, but for now I'm pretty sure no new spells are going to be coded or implemented (new suggestions, as there are some spells already planned).

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

This sounds like a fun idea but i may not get to it until late june or july.

Shadow
  • Shadow
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 282 posts
  • IGN:Shadow Blishen

This is an insanely great idea! I love it! I think this would be awesome, great great great idea! :D

Thank you! :D

Interesting idea, but I want to point out that "high tier" is not at all 5-6. That's middle ranged tier. Spells like this would most likely be Tier 9+, considering the power and effects of them.

Hmm. I agree now that you bring it up. I'll change it to 8-9.

Wow. Love this idea but I assume it wouldn't really be possible to have a storm cloud just above one player? If you think about multiple people doing it at the same time it'd definitely create lag too (and so would the other spells?) But I mean, what do I know :/

Hmm. It wasn't going to follow a player, just stay in one place, but I see how it could lag. The particles wouldn't really move though.

This is.. An interesting idea. Whilst I like the idea, I'm not quite sure how this would work, or be coded. It's unique, but I don't think it really fits on the server.

However, at the moment, the few SpellDevs and coders for the server are flat out dealing with server bugs and ossues- and they're not even starting on Spell issues yet. This might work well, it might not, but for now I'm pretty sure no new spells are going to be coded or implemented (new suggestions, as there are some spells already planned).

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

I understand they are busy, but I never said it needed to be done in a given time period. They can get to this whenever possible. Thanks for the feedback though!

This sounds like a fun idea but i may not get to it until late june or july.

Haha, take your time. Thank you for looking at this. Developers shouldn't be rushed, so make sure to do the important things first. :D

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Storm cloud following one person would work just fine & to prevent lag, we can have ti check if there is already a cloud following the player, and if so, lengthen the time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users