1 votes

Wands

Started by Thalli Take , May 18 2016 02:52 AM

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Wands (46 member(s) have cast votes)

How many wands do you carry with you?

1. 1 (36 votes [78.26%])

Percentage of vote: 78.26%

2. 2 (8 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

3. 3 (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

4. 4+ (state below if you'd like...? Explain) (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

How many wands do you own whether they are carried in inventory or not?

1. 1 (9 votes [19.57%])

Percentage of vote: 19.57%

2. 2 (5 votes [10.87%])

Percentage of vote: 10.87%

3. 3 (7 votes [15.22%])

Percentage of vote: 15.22%

4. 4 (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

5. 5+ (State and explain?) (23 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

So what's your opinion on wands? How many you carry, how many you own, what you think of having multiple...

State the number of wands you have according to the question and why you have that many, along with what you think of having multiple wands. 

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

Having more then one wand in your inventory splits the power from casting a spell between them I heard, if so I would not do it.

Esther
  • Esther
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 80 posts
  • IGN:EtherealPrism

So, currently, I have 8 wands. The reason why is because I spent all my money trying to get a larger wand than Malia. Smh. xD

Malia SHSL Memelord
  • Malia SHSL Memelord
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:Malia McGonagall

I have 21 wands because I have an addiction. i will only stop once I reach 69, then my life will be complete. (18 3/4 inches is my biggest beat that @Esther :3 ) 

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

i have 7 wands back when i was starting was trying to find a wand that was good for charms one for transfig stuff like that

Bjor
  • Bjor
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:Bjor Vargr (Antler)

I have like, 3 wands. My original and two I bought later. I wanted cherry because it's suppose to be gifted in charms and I wanted to layer it with my family's gift. 

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

It's not good to have multiple wands and USE all of these wands in 'moderation'. You can make ANY wand good by just practicing with it enough and casting spells with it. The only wand I recommend not getting though is a wand with more backfire chance :c In the long run, it's a good idea.

LeoMania
  • LeoMania
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 188 posts
  • IGN:Leo Garland

@Moolia Mcgoonigol @Esther I have a wand the is 18 inches and 4/5... get@me fam xD

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

@ColonelBubbles You really shouldn't believe everything kaneki says ;P wands can't "spilt experience between them" that is like getting buff staring at your friend working out xD

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

@ColonelBubbles You really shouldn't believe everything kaneki says ;P wands can't "spilt experience between them" that is like getting buff staring at your friend working out xD

I love that example, oh my god.

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

Having more then one wand in your inventory splits the power from casting a spell between them I heard, if so I would not do it.

It's not good to have multiple wands and USE all of these wands in 'moderation'. You can make ANY wand good by just practicing with it enough and casting spells with it. The only wand I recommend not getting though is a wand with more backfire chance :c In the long run, it's a good idea.

The reason I carry three wands is because I use them in different occasions- The Willow and Black Walnut make me think of Bellatrix, and those are my Death Eater wands. The Willow is curved in a similar way to Bellatrix's, and her's was Walnut. 

I agree. Also, I like that example too xD 

Magi
  • Magi
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 81 posts
  • IGN:Kelsey Rose

I have I think 14 wands, and that's because I did /sell hand with my original wand, got a new one, grabbed a backup in case main went down again, tried to find a better wand that didn't fail so much, and I just like buying wands. After asking a lot of people who know a lot about wands I settled on using one specific wand for everything, my hawthorn and dragon string wand.

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

I own over 20 wands, HOWEVER I have given all of said wands away all 20 being Alder Wood and Phoenix Core. I maintain one that I bought at the very beginning also a Alder Phoenix. 

Why did I give them away?

1) Multiple wands splits spell XP.

2) Easy too get muddled up 

3) You can lose out on good bonuses if you buy a new wand

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

Wow.. But.. I accomplished it with a backfire wand :(

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

@Draco It was determined that having more then one wand does not split power, Liam knows more then Kaneki.

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

@Draco It was determined that having more then one wand does not split power, Liam knows more then Kaneki.

Ik Liam knows more than Kaneki, it was just other people said it did, before Kaneki even joined e.e

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

Please don't necropost. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users