• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Lillytippy
  • Lillytippy
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 23 posts
  • IGN:Lilly Potter

hi I'm Lillytippy and I have a very good suggestion for the server to save our npc's from being casted on and making them break, so here it is : u know how u have a barrior around hogsmead town so yr 2 and below cant go in there well I think u should have a no casting barrior around the npc's so they cant cast on them and break them or send them flying sky high to the ceiling of the great hall or worse to space. so that's my idea hope u like it.

Draco
  • Draco
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 605 posts

However, this wouldn't work (I don't think) I think this because: The Hogsmeade barrier is a barrier STOPPING people from entering a zone. Not casting however, to combat this the GH could be set as a no spell zone, perhaps? @Katna Garland

FroschThink
  • FroschThink
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 205 posts
  • IGN:Josh Dun

Maybe make an invisible protego around it without the particles that lasts forever? Just how spells bounce off of it,

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

^ I feel like that should work, but it might cause some lag... but something like that, just a less laggy version. Maybe, just have barrier blocks, and when the NPC will be used, they will be teleported out of the barrier block cage. 

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

This might require a new suggestion post, but I've been thinking-

Since there are areas where spells are disabled (or have been areas where spells were disabled such as the Quidditch Pitch), what if we set up a Great Hall region where all spells were disabled there. Players shouldn't even be practicing/spamming spells in the Great Hall anyways so this would also be a plus in addition to saving our beloved and delicate Killian. As for the other NPCs on the map, maybe we could set them up in similar areas where spell casting can be disabled.

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

There's a way to make it so that NPCs cannot be harmed, isn't this done through /npc vulnerable?

Rose
  • Rose
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 117 posts
  • IGN:Rose Schoenheit

This might require a new suggestion post, but I've been thinking-

Since there are areas where spells are disabled (or have been areas where spells were disabled such as the Quidditch Pitch), what if we set up a Great Hall region where all spells were disabled there. Players shouldn't even be practicing/spamming spells in the Great Hall anyways so this would also be a plus in addition to saving our beloved and delicate Killian. As for the other NPCs on the map, maybe we could set them up in similar areas where spell casting can be disabled.

I love Lisa's idea! This could potentially deal with a lot of "accidental" casts on people. It's clear that the rule about no casting in the GH is not taken seriously.

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

I love Lisa's idea! This could potentially deal with a lot of "accidental" casts on people. It's clear that the rule about no casting in the GH is not taken seriously.

I didn't even know that was a thing...

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

I didn't even know that was a thing...

I might be underestimating the possibility of this happening...as I have no idea how complicated this could be dealing with regions or if its possible

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users