• This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Matthew
  • Matthew
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:Whitlow

I think that having a Discord would be the perfect way to discuss the server outside of global. It's a lot more convenient than teamspeak, it has voice and text channels which are separated from eachother, and I just like it more since it's pretty much my main method of communication aside form Skype. I've seen Discord servers opened up for different Minecraft servers and even some game developers (Chucklefish, the creators of Starbound for an example).

It doesn't require your own dedicated server to set one up as well, as it's run on their own server that they use for their website.

Don't really know what else to say about it, really. Get a Discord. It's great.

Draco
  • Draco
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 605 posts

Matthew, there is TeamSpeak, There is Skype with some members. So a discord seems entirely irrelevant as you can connect on the TS by : teamspeak.knockturnmc.com or ask some people for their Skypes (You already have mine).

Matthew
  • Matthew
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 6 posts

Matthew, there is TeamSpeak, There is Skype with some members. So a discord seems entirely irrelevant as you can connect on the TS by : teamspeak.knockturnmc.com or ask some people for their Skypes (You already have mine).

I'm aware of this. Sorry if I didn't make this very clear, but the reason for this suggestion is that I think Discord is a lot more convenient and simpler than Teamspeak. You don't even have to download the Discord client to connect to servers as they completely integrated the servers onto their website.

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

I mean, I guess its an okay suggestion, but there are already 2 means of contact involving voice, and there is also IRC. I think thats really all that is needed. 

SeaaHoney
  • SeaaHoney
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 135 posts
  • IGN:Clove Lestrange

Discord is a good idea but TeamSpeak is really the best way to speak with people, especially because staff are required to be on teamspeak when they are on the server so you have a FOR SURE way of contacting them.

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • IGN:Nomsy Savage

Discord is only convenient of you have a decent computer. Discords application is made from poor node.js code which when someone talks the cpu and or ram usage will spike. Discord is also what we do not need right now. We do not need another VoIP application to install :/ I also do not want to bother making yet another integration plugin for our websites, servers, and IRC.

Matthew
  • Matthew
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 6 posts

Discord is only convenient of you have a decent computer. Discords application is made from poor node.js code which when someone talks the cpu and or ram usage will spike. Discord is also what we do not need right now. We do not need another VoIP application to install :/ I also do not want to bother making yet another integration plugin for our websites, servers, and IRC.

Again, all of the features are integrated onto their browser website so the application is optional.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

This Application has been denied. Thank you for the effort put into your post, but it has been found to be not quite what we're looking for for the server.

Thank you again, and if you have any more ideas that you believe to be plausible, please post a new thread about it.

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • IGN:Nomsy Savage

@Matthew Right but it's something we do not need nor have a use for. :>

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

We are not going to make a discord server primarily because 1) its bulky 2) if it really is hosted on someone else's servers its less customizabled 3) our ts bots wouldn't work on it 4) discord could change the 'free' status at any time because they are relatively new. 5) we already have an established teamspeak 6) our teamspeak is free for us to have over 1k connections to it due to our non-profit status. 7) many people who use teamspeak already invested to get the app or have ti on their computer and we aren't going to forsake them now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users