• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Maximilian Arelle
  • Maximilian Arelle
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 311 posts
  • IGN:Maximilian Arelle

I tried to make it look like the old one... most of it is just copy and pasted, but "you know who" meesed up so I needed to fix much. the new part of the tent for the medic is the spawn if you die, btw. I hope the snitch dun fly into the hill again xDD

Gareott Rimma
  • Gareott Rimma
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 614 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Rimma / 1toughninja

@Maximilian Walcott@Maximilian Walcott you dont spawn there when you die

Maximilian Arelle
  • Maximilian Arelle
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 311 posts

I just built it, the coding n stuff is not my job ;)

Gareott Rimma
  • Gareott Rimma
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 614 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Rimma / 1toughninja

Max.... just put a server sign and put on it

1. /svs create (click it)

2 /svs add  /spawnpoint

done

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Armstrong

Alright, people! We're kicking things in motion! I have set a time for a formal quidditch team training session! We will be picking up where we left off on Saturday, 15th October, 6PM EDT!

There are some adjusted mechanics we need to get the hang of as a team. It's important that as many of you as possible attend so we can progress at a comfortable pace.

Now, in regards to outstanding tryouts, co-captain Malia and I will deal with these as quickly as we can. However, remember that quidditch plays a bit differently - make sure to get some experience on that pitch to give the best performance you can.

It's finally happening again, people, so let's get ready!

Thank you very much and GO GRYFFINDOR!!!  :) 

Malia SHSL Memelord
  • Malia SHSL Memelord
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:Malia McGonagall

Alright, people! We're kicking things in motion! I have set a time for a formal quidditch team training session! We will be picking up where we left off on Saturday, 15th October, 6PM EDT!

There are some adjusted mechanics we need to get the hang of as a team. It's important that as many of you as possible attend so we can progress at a comfortable pace.

Now, in regards to outstanding tryouts, co-captain Malia and I will deal with these as quickly as we can. However, remember that quidditch plays a bit differently - make sure to get some experience on that pitch to give the best performance you can.

It's finally happening again, people, so let's get ready!

Thank you very much and GO GRYFFINDOR!!!  :) 

I wont be here on the 15th D:

Maximilian Arelle
  • Maximilian Arelle
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 311 posts

First game, first catch. The snitch is quite not easier to catch, due to the fact that the broom performance is different. I mean you literally ran through the air with a broom in your hand. You could deny the walking moves, but I like this kind of moving whily flying. It makes you feel like there is the air and you break trough it and push it n stuff.

Very interesting ^^

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

First game, first catch. The snitch is quite not easier to catch, due to the fact that the broom performance is different. I mean you literally ran through the air with a broom in your hand. You could deny the walking moves, but I like this kind of moving whily flying. It makes you feel like there is the air and you break trough it and push it n stuff.

Very interesting ^^

Alright, cool stuff. I'm glad it doesn't feel easier. 

Maximilian Arelle
  • Maximilian Arelle
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 311 posts

@Kwesi yeah, I may try to change back to the default textures of partickles, they were better to see than the partickles of the KT texturess

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

Hey, team. Just to make sure you all know we've got team practice on Wednesday, 19th October at 7 PM EDT. Do your best to attend!

Thank you very much and GO GRYFFINDOR!!!

Ophelia Clairmont
  • Ophelia Clairmont
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 168 posts
  • IGN:Ophelia Clairmont

Hey, team. Just to make sure you all know we've got team practice on Wednesday, 19th October at 7 PM EDT. Do your best to attend!

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry T-T!!!!  I've been on a bit of an MIA during the week and didn't check the forums. I'm really sorry  I missed practice!!!! *please forgive me I wish I could be there*

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

For all those who haven't recently read the announcements, we have team practice later today at 4 PM EDT. Please attend so we can sort ourselves out properly as a team. I have informed some of you that were online when I was and checked with people that were able to make it, so the word is out there. Let's prepare as best as we can!

Also, I'd like to reinform people that if you need to give reasons for absences, please message me directly rather than on this topic, it just keeps the important information more consistent and makes it tidier.

Malia SHSL Memelord
  • Malia SHSL Memelord
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:Malia McGonagall

Hey, team. Just to make sure you all know we've got team practice on Wednesday, 19th October at 7 PM EDT. Do your best to attend!

Thank you very much and GO GRYFFINDOR!!!

I missed it oops ._. I forgot to write it on my whiteboard so I wound not forget... rip sry. I don't think I can show up today, either. I've had problems with my computer and my dad's been trying to fix it.

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

I missed it oops ._. I forgot to write it on my whiteboard so I wound not forget... rip sry. I don't think I can show up today, either. I've had problems with my computer and my dad's been trying to fix it.

Please contact me via profile messenger when telling me about why you're absent.

However, I understand your reasons. Hopefully, you'll be able to fix the problem and attend soon - I've been missing ya.  :( 

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

Hey, team.

I wanted to let you know that I am aware of the risks of people losing their items if they joined the Quidditch server when it was whitelisted. I don't know how many of you might be at risk, however, I have decided to cancel any official team practice sessions. I do not want to place anyone under any obligations that put them at risk, so this is the decision I have made.

Now, there are some team members who have attended team practices and have had no issues regarding this matter. We have had some productive and enjoyable runs. The bottom line is - some people are at risk - some aren't. It will be a personal decision to enter the Quidditch server if you wish to play the game. As your captain, I formally advise you not  to enter it if you feel you're at risk. 

The development team will eventually resolve this issue; when that happens, I will arrange official practice times once again. In the meantime, I would like for you all to at least make sure your broom levels are high enough, have broom models appropriate for playing quidditch and work on improving your flying speed and manoeuvrability as much as possible.

Ophelia Clairmont
  • Ophelia Clairmont
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 168 posts

Hey, team.

I wanted to let you know that I am aware of the risks of people losing their items if they joined the Quidditch server when it was whitelisted. I don't know how many of you might be at risk, however, I have decided to cancel any official team practice sessions. I do not want to place anyone under any obligations that put them at risk, so this is the decision I have made.

Now, there are some team members who have attended team practices and have had no issues regarding this matter. We have had some productive and enjoyable runs. The bottom line is - some people are at risk - some aren't. It will be a personal decision to enter the Quidditch server if you wish to play the game. As your captain, I formally advise you not  to enter it if you feel you're at risk. 

The development team will eventually resolve this issue; when that happens, I will arrange official practice times once again. In the meantime, I would like for you all to at least make sure your broom levels are high enough, have broom models appropriate for playing quidditch and work on improving your flying speed and manoeuvrability as much as possible.

I do think that is a pretty reasonable statement. Is there any possible way we could occasionally get together (until there is no more risk) just to practice in general? (not like an official practice, I just have been wanting to practice passing with someone because I need to improve in that area. I have yet to find someone who I can practice with.)

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

I do think that is a pretty reasonable statement. Is there any possible way we could occasionally get together (until there is no more risk) just to practice in general? (not like an official practice, I just have been wanting to practice passing with someone because I need to improve in that area. I have yet to find someone who I can practice with.)

There's no way we can play quidditch, that I know of, without entering the Quidditch server.

Ophelia Clairmont
  • Ophelia Clairmont
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 168 posts

There's no way we can play quidditch, that I know of, without entering the Quidditch server.

Oh! My fault! Sorry! I didn't quite phrase that correctly. But if someone didn't feel at risk on the Quidditch Server, would ti be fine if I could practice with another person? Like I said, I know I've been needing to practice passing.

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

Oh! My fault! Sorry! I didn't quite phrase that correctly. But if someone didn't feel at risk on the Quidditch Server, would ti be fine if I could practice with another person? Like I said, I know I've been needing to practice passing.

Yeah, that's fine. Practise as much as you want to.  :)

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts

Hello, team!

It has been a while, but due to recent development, a new season will be upon us and we are picking things up again! 

Firstly, team practice is closing in, people: I'm hosting an official session Saturday, 17th December at 5 PM EST, so be there - be there - be there! I've given you plenty of time to prepare yourselves. Make sure you have the equipment you need so we can resume as soon as possible.

Secondly, last minute tryouts are still possible, but time is of the essence, so make yourself available and we will do the same. Make sure to read the requirements below the announcements in the first page for more information, and we look forward to your applications.

New season, boys and girls, get hyped! Thank you very much and GO GRYFFINDOR!!!  :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users