Ever want to be part of lessons? Here's your chance to write some!

Started by Pandette , Aug 04 2016 02:42 PM

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Gleamss
  • Gleamss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 187 posts
  • IGN:Gleamss

I'll take the Theory History if possible

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

I'll take the Theory History if possible

You need to apply for lesson writer before you can claim lectures. 

Gleamss
  • Gleamss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 187 posts
  • IGN:Gleamss

oh lol

Elsa Ollivander
  • Elsa Ollivander
  • Student
  • 672 posts
  • IGN:Elsa Ollivander

Is Teamspeak required before applying for lesson writer?

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts

Just post it here. Nothing is required.

Elsa Ollivander
  • Elsa Ollivander
  • Student
  • 672 posts
  • IGN:Elsa Ollivander

Not sure if I can apply since I'm busy these days.

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts

Pansy, you're accepted, by the way

Pansy Hagrid
  • Pansy Hagrid
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 12 posts
  • IGN:Pansy [Calpernia] Hagrid

Pansy, you're accepted, by the way

Rad. I can do Hunting for Potion Ingredients if it's still available.

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts

If you could wait on Potions lectures, that would be nice, The potions schedules are getting switched around.

Bjor
  • Bjor
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:Bjor Vargr (Antler)

@Katna Garland

I finished the lecture, and tried sending it to you through forum PMs, but it seems like yours are either full or locked. Is there another way you want them sent?

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts

Bjor, I cleared my mail just for you. Hope you feel special

Pansy Hagrid
  • Pansy Hagrid
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 12 posts

I can wait, tis fine.

Unless I misunderstood and you wanted me to pick another subject I'm sorry

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts

I can wait, tis fine.

Unless I misunderstood and you wanted me to pick another subject I'm sorry

Yea, if you could take another lecture, that'd be awesome. With new potions, means the schedule is getting changed.

Pansy Hagrid
  • Pansy Hagrid
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 12 posts

Yea, if you could take another lecture, that'd be awesome. With new potions, means the schedule is getting changed.

Okayyy, then I can also do Furnuncculus!

GooseCarter
  • GooseCarter
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Goose567

Here is the first 2 chapters of a book that I'm working on, you don't HAVE to read all of it though:

Chapter 1 (Four Years Ago)

Lasva hated having to say goodbye to her father, but she knew she had to. She tried to look as brave as she could, but the tears streaming down her face gave her away. He put on his red coat that was so worn out that it looked ancient. He put a matching red hat over his jet-black hair.

“I’ll write to you,” he had told her, right before he got into his car, and drove off. The exhaust disappeared as quickly as he did.  He did write to her though, and the first letter she got was only a week after he had left, in the letter, he wrote in curly handwriting with his special silver ink that he always uses. The letter read:

Dear Lasva,

I just went to the library to read some books. I was looking around and found the book that I wrote, remember it? Remember how you always loved to go to the library with me every Friday? We loved reading Love you lots,

Dad

Lasva wrote back to him and she was so excited to open up the letter that he wrote her again, that she almost ripped it. Then she was wrote back to him and was excited to hear his reaction when she wrote to him that she had won the spelling bee. When he didn’t respond, she got very worried. She and her family didn’t hear from him again, but from then on, Lasva and her family went to the library every Friday to remember him.

Chapter 2 (Present Time)

“Finally, library day! I feel like I've been waiting forever for this day to come,” Lasva exclaimed as she and her friends Alex and Josh rode in the car to the library.

“A new book just came out, and I really want to read it. I would skip anything to go to the library,” Alex announced.

“And here we are!” Josh said.

They all entered the library. Josh went to find a book called the The Tools of the Stone Age. Alex went to find the book she had been waiting to read: Advanced Karate Tips. She was excited to perfect her moves. Lasva went to find her favorite book, Hunting Around the World. Lasva’s mom trailing was close behind.

“Josh and Alex, come look at this book! It must be new to the library,” Lasva exclaimed. The librarian came over to quiet her down. Lasva took a closer look at the book.

The spine was written in a fancy silver handwriting that Lasva thought she had seen once before, in a book maybe, but she could not remember where. Josh pulled out the book to take a closer look. When he did, the floor quickly fell from under them and they tumbled down into darkness.

They screamed at the top of their lungs as they fell through the air.  It was pitch black, and as they fell they couldn’t see anything, but they could smell the musty air. They landed gently on what seemed like 100 mattresses, ready to break their fall.

They all got up and looked around, which was hard because all they could see was mist and smoke. Their hearts were pounding ten times faster than usual. Josh said the words they were all thinking: “Where are we?” Right as he spoke a man stepped out of the mist and answered the question:

“You are in Lava Land. Follow me,” he said, and disappeared into the the clouds of smoke.

“Come on,” Josh said.

“I’m having doubts about this,” replied Alex.

“There’s nothing to lose,” shrugged Lasva.

“Actually, there is,” Alex pointed out, but Lasva and Josh were quickly getting smaller.

They ran through the smoke and saw a field of dirt and rocks with so many lakes of lava that it seemed to go on for ever. They paused and could just make out the man in the distance slip behind a large rock. They continued running because they didn’t want to lose him.

“How much longer?” Lasva panted. Just then, they reached the rock where the man was.

“My name is King Roa,” he said.

“My name is Alex, and they are Lasva and Josh,” Alex told him once she had caught up.

King Roa didn’t bother to say nice to meet you or any other pleasantries. He just kept walking.

He led them into a clearing that had many grey stone huts lined up neatly in a row. Next to the huts was a large stone building with a smaller stone building next to it. There was also a building that had a stone sign next to it that said Tool Building. King Roa gave them a tour.

“This is Lava Lake,” he said, pointing to big lava pool that Lasva, Josh, and Alex had seen earlier. “That big building, is the Eating Building. The building attached to it is the kitchen,” he said,continuing with almost no pause. “If you get the job of a cook, you will learn how to cook animals and prepare berries in there. You will have a session with every job leader, and the job that we think you are the best at we will assign you.”

“What are the jobs?” Josh asked when King Roa was done with his long explanation.

“They are hunters, fighters, berry pickers, cooks, and tool makers. We have two hunters, eight fighters, four berry pickers, four cooks, and three tool makers. We do not have many hunters, because everyone who tries a session of it fails. I hope that one of you has what it takes to become a hunter. We are never fully fed, so get used not eating much,” King Roa answered. This was going to be a long day.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

@GooseCarter Please provide the rest of the form to apply.

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

Do you need someone to do the Duo Flares? I could take that one if no one else is. I just finished Charms Intro.

StaceyChaø
  • StaceyChaø
  • Professor
  • 518 posts
  • IGN:Stacey Longbottom

I had sent the Arania Exumai yesterday to your mail Katna... -hopes he got it-

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts

Yep, it's good!

xXvolganXx
  • xXvolganXx
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Ninja__Bob

Name: Ninja__Bob

IGN: Sami Starling

Year: 4

Sample of Writing:

The creator of the Homonculos charm is Eugene Glamstick. The story goes that Eugene was a traveler who was traveling across the land searching far and wide for a new spells that he can learn to teach   other wizards and witches. One day during one of Mr. Glamstick's evening strolls he found an abandoned house in ruins. He searched the ruins until he found a map with the words Homonculos on it. The Eugene instinctively, being a wizard, waved his wand randomly and said Homonculos. Suddenly Eugene realized the map was of Hamburg and as soon as he tapped the map with his wand the ink started to shift around until Eugene was able to make out his own name right in the center of the map. But as he looked closer at the map more names began to appear. Eugene did not know what he had done to discover this charm but obviously he wasn't the first,there was no way for anyone to know who the first person to discover the charm was he was named the creator of the Homonculos Charm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users