Wand Gifts and Curses

Started by Da_DrDude , Aug 05 2016 04:53 AM

Best Answer Katna Malamius , 05 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

The wand woods and wand cores gifts / curses are unknown to the public, and are purely theoretical. Keep that in mind. The only one that has been tested enough to confirm is the Alder wand. 

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts
  • IGN:John [_Quincy] Adams

I am not quite sure whether this is where this would be posted, but I am asking what all the wand gifts and curses are for the different types. I have been wondering for a little while about mine and it's Acacia Wood with a Thestral Hair Core. Thank you! If you could, please list all of them, or as many as possible that you know, because I think it will be helpful for multiple people.

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts

Kat Kirkland
  • Kat Kirkland
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 451 posts
  • IGN:Kat [KneeCapDeleter] Weasley

Well, you can learn them in classes like magical theory and around the server. I'm sure if you ask in global Atleast 2 people will respond.
I do know, however, that Black Walnuts gift is Transfig.

That's just what I've heard around the server.

I can say that I'm 99% sure that Black Walnut's gift is Transfig, as my family curse is Transfig, but with my wand it lets me cast Transfig greatly. I cannot cast Transfig well with other wands.

I listed as many as I possibly could.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

I don't know all of them, but I am aware that Alder wands are good for non-verballing spells (they lower the number of casts needed to gain Nonverbal), but it has a Backfire-chance curse (spells backfire more often). Others, I'm not sure, but this is what I've heard.

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

https://www.pottermo...ling/wand-cores // WAND CORES

https://www.pottermo...ling/wand-woods // WAND WOOD

Hope these help !! :3

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

Best Answer

The wand woods and wand cores gifts / curses are unknown to the public, and are purely theoretical. Keep that in mind. The only one that has been tested enough to confirm is the Alder wand. 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Wand lore may be released in the future in a slightly more definite view, but we don't have wand lore available to the public as readily as family gift.  We try to keep that theoretical to allow for users to try to figure it out for themselves.

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts

Okay Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users