21 replies to this topic

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hey everyone,

Just letting y'all know that we are trying to balance the spells system a bit more, and the first start is we nerfed vicis vulpes.

Previous for every little hit it did, vicis did 3 damage per hit.  Now it's max is 1.2.

We also plan on looking through spells and figuring out what is too high or low in order to try and keep some type of balance for what spells there are and make it so people can be more varied in the spells they use instead of constantly being stuck using the same spell!

If you have recommendations for a spell to be less or more, post below!

Pandette.

Ninja__Bob
  • Ninja__Bob
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 121 posts
  • IGN:Sami Starling

I feel like Obscuro should be nerfed to something like 5 mins just because when its 10 mins its so annoying to duel with that. I know that Nullum Obscurus is a spell but still. Hope you take my suggestion into consideration. :D

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

Expecto Patronum: 

It need to be balanced a bit more since some Patronum is alot faster moving like the owl where the bunny is really slow and kinda useless :I 

Cooldowns: 

I would like to see cooldowns being removed from the high tier spells since the people who reaches them are the people who cares the most about spells and it will make those spells "usefull" and something that people will use. but when there is a 15sec cooldown on those high tier spells then it stops people from spell spamming them because 15sec*3000 cast = 12,5hour of spell spamming with perfect timing, no backfire and perfect movement in ordre to nonverbal them. I can see on the server that noone wanna spend minimum 12.5 to nonverbal a single spell. 

Backfire: 

I would like to see that backfire rates would be the same when you are training no matter if you are trying to go from a tier 3 spell to reach tier 4 or tier 8 to tier 9. 

because once you reach tier 8 and try to go to tier 9 the backfire rates just become insane and very ridiculous. I feel like the backfire rates made more sence before we had the tier system so a 1. year would no be able to cast confringo but when spells are locked in to tiers and people needing to unlock ea. tier I dont believe that high backfire rates in tier 9,10 and yes 11 like uilium  is needed. I spend 35min spamming the tier 11 spell but I did not mannage to cast the spell a single time so I hope we can balance the backfire rates a bit more making it a bit more easy to reach high tiers since I would rather have it made a bit more easy and there server have way more high tier spellcasters than it is now where you can count all the  high tiers casters on one hand. 

Transfig transformation spells: 

I am not sure if its still a problem but when I cast Sociferre nonverbal it only last around 14-15sec when I got it nonverbal and have transfig. as a family gift. I would like to see those spells getting a buff to a cap of 2min since 14-15sec is way too less

Charms: 

Obscuro: I dont think it needs a buff or a nerf since when you pratice the counter curse you can remove the obscuro with 2 cast making it more fair in duels since obscuro is a tactical spell and do not deal any dmg. but if it was nerfed then people will be able to disspell it with 1 cast making it kinda useless in my mind. 

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

So, @Bob Titan @Seph and I made a spreadsheet and came up with a list of spells that need to either be Nerfed or Buffed.

Spoiler

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

what I miss in your post is "why" why you want those nerfs. since its hard to have a talk when you dont tell why you think that they should change? :) @Veara Titan

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

what needs to be buffed again is afflictio i no it was recently nerfed but nerfed to hard it does 2 hearts and u have to be right next to them to even get that much damage mines nonverble and still only does 2 hearts and you risk your self getting hit to be right next them for it to do any damage 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

what needs to be buffed again is afflictio i no it was recently nerfed but nerfed to hard it does 2 hearts and u have to be right next to them to even get that much damage mines nonverble and still only does 2 hearts and you risk your self getting hit to be right next them for it to do any damage 

As I told whomever asked last time afflictio was not nerfed.  Apparently the code had been changed before or something and it was put in to fix phasma since they are in the same spells jar, and it will be fixed soon.

Gleamss
  • Gleamss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 187 posts
  • IGN:Gleamss

I believe a bombarda nerf is needed, along with episkey cooldown. Bombarda at its highest damage can do 5 hearts per hit with no armor, leading to incredibly one sided and quick duels. Also, I believe episkey should have a cooldown, so that in duels and more someone would not spam episkey and never die, but stil, never deal damage. Also decrease expulso to tier 4?

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

I disagree with gleams addition of cool downs. The former way we nerfed episkey when Andrew was around was to decrease it's healing potential and instead add another slightly stronger healing spell. I believe this is still the best option. Maybe at 3 hearts for episkey and 5-6 for the other as a max

Also I support the general direction Veara is going with their suggestions.

However I would suggest Sectumsempra to not have a low damage cap but rather a different mechanic:
When first hit the victim starts bleeding slowly and as the spell effect continues(if the casters level is strong enough) the "Cuts" get deeper and deeper, resulting in more and more damage taken from each hit.

This would start off at a couple of hits at 1 heart, climb to 1½, then 2 and so forth forcing them to either finish off their opponent of counter it before it gets too severe.
Also it is a lot more canon as it "cuts" you more and more untill you a bleeding out xD

Cora
  • Cora
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

I disagree with gleams addition of cool downs. The former way we nerfed episkey when Andrew was around was to decrease it's healing potential and instead add another slightly stronger healing spell. I believe this is still the best option. Maybe at 3 hearts for episkey and 5-6 for the other as a max

I agree entirely. A cool down on Episkey would not be the best way to resolve the issue of near-immortality through the use of spamming Episkey. I also like the concept of the stronger healing spells, as Episkey is only really made for minor injuries, such as scrapes and broken noses, not splinches and such.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

I believe a bombarda nerf is needed, along with episkey cooldown. Bombarda at its highest damage can do 5 hearts per hit with no armor, leading to incredibly one sided and quick duels. Also, I believe episkey should have a cooldown, so that in duels and more someone would not spam episkey and never die, but stil, never deal damage. Also decrease expulso to tier 4?

Bombarda is capped at 2.5 hearts lol

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

Backfire: 

I would like to see that backfire rates would be the same when you are training no matter if you are trying to go from a tier 3 spell to reach tier 4 or tier 8 to tier 9. 

because once you reach tier 8 and try to go to tier 9 the backfire rates just become insane and very ridiculous. I feel like the backfire rates made more sence before we had the tier system so a 1. year would no be able to cast confringo but when spells are locked in to tiers and people needing to unlock ea. tier I dont believe that high backfire rates in tier 9,10 and yes 11 like uilium  is needed. I spend 35min spamming the tier 11 spell but I did not mannage to cast the spell a single time so I hope we can balance the backfire rates a bit more making it a bit more easy to reach high tiers since I would rather have it made a bit more easy and there server have way more high tier spellcasters than it is now where you can count all the  high tiers casters on one hand. 

okay i really agree with this the backfire on t8 and up is rediculas espessally t9 i casted phasma 40 times and in that time it only worked once and to boot phasma has a 15 sec cd please reduce the backfire rate  

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts

what I miss in your post is "why" why you want those nerfs. since its hard to have a talk when you dont tell why you think that they should change? :) @Veara Titan

Alright, here's the why:

Alarte Ascendare: This spell really launches a player into the air, and it will for sure kill them (Possibly not if they have Feather Falling or Spongify) if the spell is Maxed. I say 22 blocks because it is ALMOST enough to kill someone, but not enough.

Confringo: This spell is weak at the moment. Right now, it does only about 3 hearts, and since regen is fast that's almost nothing. This is a Tier 8 spell, therefore it should do a higher amount of damage, surely more damage than Bombarda does.

Obscuro: Right now, a nonverbal Obscuro lasts around 7 minutes (I had Bob cast his on me, it's nonverbal). That's too long of Blindness if you don't have the Countercurse nonverbal! It's pretty devastating in duels. In addition to this, I recommend nerfing Nullum Obscurus also, to balance the 2 spells out, because right now, a nonverbal Nullum Obscurus can take out the blindness inflicted in 2 casts.

Mucus Ad Nauseam: I asked Liam about this spell, and he said his could last around 7 minutes. That's wayyyy too much Nausea for one person! The cap should be much lower, as this spell a) Creates a lot of entities if not picked up and B) Is very annoying to the player if the spell has a long lasting effect.

Lumos Solem: This spell is pretty cool and useful, but just doesn't do enough damage. It'd be great for it to do a little bit more, since it's Tier 6.

Phasma: Ah, this spell. This spell is a really cool spell overall, but it'd be amazing if this spell could be casted much faster. The 15 second cooldown in my opinion is ridiculous and should be nerfed down to something like 3-5 seconds. Maybe even no cooldown. The actual spell mechanics are great, and the amount of damage it does doesn't really need to be changed, but maybe it can do an extra heart.

Baubillious: So when this spell hits a player, the amount of poison it inflicts is perfect. What is not perfect, though, is the amount of poison a player receives if they step on a "Baubillious" block. If a player steps on this block, they get around 30 seconds of poison! That's a LOT of poison in a duel, and could be the overall game changer. It causes some people to keep running away until the poison wears off, prolonging the duel. Around 15 seconds of poison would be manageable in a duel.

Episkey: There are many Episkey spammers in a duel, and it isn't the greatest thing. Makes duels last a long time, which isn't good. I believe the cap on this spell should be 4 hearts, and not even factoring in the other healing spells that MIGHT be added to the server later on (Leigheas & Kuvuselum). If the cap is at 4 hearts, a player can't heal themselves all the way by casting the spell 2 times on themselves.

Sectumsempra: Looking back on this spell, and Liam's suggestion, I like the way Liam is suggesting, but I would like to see the seconds cap on that spell to be around 10-15 seconds, because if the person keeps "bleeding out" and they don't even know the counter-curse, that's just game over for them. That's too OP.

Deprimo: This is a cool and simple spell, and I'd just like to see this spell do more damage. As far as I know, the cap on this spell is 1 heart, and it'd be great if the caps was around 2 hearts, maybe 3 hearts, since it's a Tier 6 spell.

Immobulus: Now, I'm not  100% sure how this spell works, and I realize that lowering the cooldown might make the server a little laggy, but if this spell can have a lower cooldown, that would be great. 10 seconds is a bit too much.

Welp, there are all of our suggestions explained :P

Magi
  • Magi
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 81 posts
  • IGN:Kelsey Rose

I don't know whether or not these exist, but there should be at least one spell in each tier from 4 up that can do nearly full damage in one hit or that can have the potential to through poisoning, etc, but you'd have to make it godlike or something to do so. Nerfing vicis made killing mobs a lot more difficult for me D:

Magi
  • Magi
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 81 posts
  • IGN:Kelsey Rose

That's not true about bombarda; ever since I had it at around 2000 casts it's done 2.5 hearts maximum and no more. It's nonverbal now for me.

Episkey doesn't need a cooldown in my opinion. Staying alive is extremely difficult even when spamming episkey.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

@Veara Titan my Obscuro is not nonverbal :P lol

Bjor
  • Bjor
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:Bjor Vargr (Antler)

Along with the cap for Alarte, I don't think it'd hurt to give it a few more movements, if that's not hard to do. At the moment, you can cast it then ready it again before the person hits the ground. 

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

the cooldown on phasma yes its annoying but its not the worst part about it. it is its rate of how many actully become succefull you could try and cast it for a whole hour and only get one or 2 

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts

the cooldown on phasma yes its annoying but its not the worst part about it. it is its rate of how many actully become succefull you could try and cast it for a whole hour and only get one or 2

Yes... But a lesser cooldown will help you get the success rate up faster.

Kaneki
  • Kaneki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 381 posts
  • IGN:Kaneki Shimada

I'm not so sure as to whether this would ever be a thing, but often times, I feel like Bombarda is OP at certain times, because a person can literally just cast bombarda around 3-4 times, and the other person is pretty much dead. So, maybe make a nerf on the damage, or either make the cooldown longer or something???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users