• This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

MightyThor1198
  • MightyThor1198
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Builder
  • 98 posts
  • IGN:Alex Snow

That, first of all, wouldn't be their name. My idea would be that there would be a spell(The audible book charm) that would tell you, or read to you, it's contents(/msg or /whisper to you what it says, sending a message, ending with a period. Then, it would send another message 5 seconds later that goes from where let off to the next period). You would cast legitur(just a placeholder name) at a book on the ground, then whoever picks it up will get it read to them. Or, to avoid professors being force read trollololololololololololooool during a class, the book reading to you on cast. If not, maybe variations or replacements for the spell being read to in local. Although this would quite possibly be more than difficult(I am no dev), I think it would be worth the work and benefitial all students.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

#WaysToLagTheServer

Gareott Rimma
  • Gareott Rimma
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 614 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Rimma / 1toughninja

#WaysToLagTheServer

#SheIsCorrect 

BampireHannah
  • BampireHannah
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 132 posts
  • IGN:Hannah Lestrange

Pande is correct, it would just cause more lag on the server. While it is a great idea, I don't understand why you can't just read the book. Anyways, it seems like it won't be added from what Pande said. So.. RIP :P

Magi
  • Magi
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 81 posts
  • IGN:Kelsey Rose

I can see why this would be helpful. It's very annoying when you're brewing a potion to have to flip through the entire book just to get the next instruction and then have to do it again over and over until you finish.

I have a different idea of how this could work. If it's possible. Not sure if it is. Plus there's probably more to it than I know.

You know how when you take a screenshot you can click on it and no one else sees it? For the book thing, it could create a local TXT file once you cast the spell and that could be clicked on to view it outside of Minecraft.

Again, not sure if it's possible, but seeing as the world has to save the data in each book anyway (somehow) it could be sent to the local machine and converted to a TXT if that's not what it's already saved as.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

http://imgur.com/gallery/X17puIB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users