Started by Viøletta , Aug 12 2016 07:25 AM

• This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

In the movies and the books, just like the other houses, Ravenclaw has a password to their house. But, Ravenclaw's is unique. It's a riddle instead of a simple word for the password into the common room. It's currently 2 AM so I'm questioning a little as to if this is a good idea or not, but; why don't we have a riddle as a way to get into the common room?

I've tried to think up all the different sides to this. First, I know it could be something to do with the unlocking command that might not let you put in phrases, only words. But I'm not 100% sure on that. Another thing is; newbies. They might not understand it completely, but with a fellow Helper to assist them, I think they'd be fine.

The password and the riddle could be something simple, even. It might even help keep our house password more of a secret. I know that this is a small thing and it randomly came to mind, but I think it's a pretty cool idea so I thought why not?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on anything or if this is a good/bad idea. Thanks. C:

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Ravenclaw used to have the password be am answer to a riddle - I always told Ravens I guided to figure out the passwords themselves and be true ravenclaws..
Only issue is that we need to come up with those riddles and change them accordingly xD

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

The riddles also cause problems because not only Ravenclaws can solve them. People used to get annoyed because nearly everyone on the server knew the Ravenclaw password, and the other passwords remained relatively secret.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

@Richela @Crane i don't understand why we removed them though?  It's still apart of the canon and when I was changing the passwords, I always put a new riddle down.  All the house passwords get passed around regardless of if its more open or not.  Rarely do they stay a secret anyway.  I don't see why we cant have the passwor be a riddle.

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

I don't know either. 
I guess people just couldn't think of new ones 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I don't know either. 
I guess people just couldn't think of new ones 

plebs

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts

It would be pretty awesome if it was a riddle. Like she said, passwords do get passed around (I've seen a Gryff open the common room door right in front of me ..) and either way, Ravenclaws could help with coming up with riddles. I don't think it would be much of a problem because if all else fails, you could google a riddle, really. You could change the riddle more often so it helps a little with the password not getting around or make people going into common rooms that's aren't theirs a stricter rule, but that's up to you. :3

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

@Richela @Crane i don't understand why we removed them though?  It's still apart of the canon and when I was changing the passwords, I always put a new riddle down.  All the house passwords get passed around regardless of if its more open or not.  Rarely do they stay a secret anyway.  I don't see why we cant have the passwor be a riddle.

I stopped putting up new ones when I got too many complaints from regular users about finding the Ravenclaw password being too easy. If you guys want to do it, that's fine. 

Readitb4
  • Readitb4
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 34 posts
  • IGN:Wolf Arlington

Maybe the riddle could be in /house, where the passwords are currently. That way, another house member wouldn't know the riddle.

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts

Maybe the riddle could be in /house, where the passwords are currently. That way, another house member wouldn't know the riddle.

That's a great idea! I think that could work if we end up doing the riddles again and would help keep our common room free of other houses.

Magi
  • Magi
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 81 posts
  • IGN:Kelsey Rose

Maybe it could be a randomly generated riddle from a list when you click on a sign, and then if you can't get it there could be a backup password that stays pretty constant and is in /house ?

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts

That could be good for maybe new player, but I think that might give more opportunity for people to get into our common room if there's both. You must solve the riddle to be a true Ravenclawww xD

Magi
  • Magi
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 81 posts
  • IGN:Kelsey Rose

That could be good for maybe new player, but I think that might give more opportunity for people to get into our common room if there's both. You must solve the riddle to be a true Ravenclawww xD

Heh, true.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users