Kenzie LeStrange & the recent issues surrounding her.

Started by Pandette , Aug 14 2016 06:57 PM

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hello everyone,

I realize sometimes people get banned for obvious reasons & sometimes some people get banned for gray areas and get ban appeals afterwards which we approve.  Sometimes people get banned unfairly & sometimes people get more chances they will deserve.

I want to make everything clear on what is going on with Kenzie & why she is upset & why she has been posting things to people.

Kenzie & Kiritsugu were friends.  Due to previous issues, I have my own personal issues with Kiri that Kenzie protested.  I didn't like Kiri for personal & server related issues where he had hacked the server & afk spammed a spell to the point where i had to kick / tempban him for two days.  I explained to him clearly that he was being tempbanned for hacking.  Which is against our rules & it is unfair to all people.  I made it very clear at the time that if he did it again, he would receive a permaban.

Now, due to these issues, I had a very long 'discussion' with kenzie in slytherin chat not a few hours before the entire Kiritrsugu getting a permaban.  Due to that fact, she feels that Kiri's ban is 'unjust' and that I did it for personal reasons.

Now, I have a warning system in place in the server that detects hacking.  It automatically (Not by people telling me) tells me when someone might be macroing.  This thing can sometimes get set off accidentally once or twice. However, never more than this.

I switched to the towny server to see the system had left me 22 messages.  One from Veara setting it off, and TWENTY-ONE messages that Kiritsugu had set it off.  Now, I looked @ the spell logs.  It was the day after Expecto Patronum had been released.  Kiri had in about 12 hours gathered about 1500 casts in expecto patronum.  That is 125 casts per hour.  Which if he had been on all 12 hours would make sense.  For this case, not only was he not on for that length of time, but there is no plausible way you can set off the system with any spell that has as many wand movements as expecto without using macros.  It is physically not possible.

Immediately after discovering this, I went to kiri and said I know you have been macroing.  To which he agreed.  I then followed it up with asking if it was expecto patronum, to which he said yes.

6z2AZqW.jpg

Not only did he admit to it, but he knew the rules.  He first found out about macroing from a post here.  One day after I posted that was his first incident.  He did it anyway, and he proceeded to go about his business as if this wasn't a serious offense.  As if he had the right to use a hack to get spell count up & that everyone else who works so hard to spell spam by hand should just deal with it.  I then proceeded to discuss this with Richela & Fance before taking action.  Both of them agreed this was serious, he had been given a warning which was more than we said we would give people, and a second chance, and blew it.

Now, you see kenzie is now banned from the forum for making posts about how 'unfair' we are.  Let me make this clear.  We took every step needed, and the only part unfair about this is that we gave him a 2nd chance due to him being around for a long time, rather than outright ban him the first time as we should have to be fair to others.

Kenzie is trying to put the staff down & the server down due to the fact that she merely didn't get her way & she is trying to act like she is the victim, when in fact she has also personally argued & attacked staff.  She has claimed she deserves to be on staff despite the fact that she has made numerous people on staff uncomfortable & started many arguements in staff chat.

This is not to say Kenzie is a bad person.  She is not, she does her best & I think all of us want our way.  This is just to say, we are doing what we can with what we have & I want to make sure everyone knows that we are trying to be FAIR to everyone.  And if that means banning a prominent member who thinks they can get away with hacking just because they have friends and have been on for awhile, then we have to do this.  This is supposed to be a community that is fair to everyone & doesn't give people special privileges just because they are popular.

If you guys disagree that we handled this properly or not, then you are free to voice your opinions.  We don't punish people for voicing their opinions, we just ask that you do it once and don't badger us about it for hours when a majority of people disagree with it.  We don't like this being a dictatorship & the community of people's voices are just as important as the staff.

If you have questions / comments please post them below & I will be happy to answer it.

Pandette

PS. I will not reveal how the macro system detector works for the sole goal of preventing people from trying to hack around it.  Please do not ask. Thank you.

Ninja__Bob
  • Ninja__Bob
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 121 posts
  • IGN:Sami Starling

So what you are saying about the new warning system is that if you cast a certain spell for like an hour the system might detect it? I just want to clear that up so I can cast a bit slower to not warn the system. :D

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

So what you are saying about the new warning system is that if you cast a certain spell for like an hour the system might detect it? I just want to clear that up so I can cast a bit slower to not warn the system. :D

I will not discuss how the warning system works.  It's not new and has been in for quite awhile.  Since you obviously didn't know about it beforehand, you have clearly never triggered it.

Mira Goshawk
  • Mira Goshawk
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 605 posts
  • IGN:Mira Goshawk

We don't punish people for voicing their opinions, we just ask that you do it once and don't badger us about it -Pandette

​Hey! Badgering is Hufflepuffs thing!! :P 

KatyKraft
  • KatyKraft
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Ashlee Weasley

I think you and all the staff team are doing a wonderful job Pande, Keep it up ^.^

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

Thank you for making this post, it cleared up a lot of confusion, at least for me.

Meow_Magic
  • Meow_Magic
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 127 posts
  • IGN:Meow Scarlet

Thanks for this post, the house chat was confusing and I had to leave during that...

Maximilian Arelle
  • Maximilian Arelle
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 311 posts
  • IGN:Maximilian Arelle

In my opinion, you did act right. I know Kenzie, and I like her, but I saw a border as she started the discussion in staff chat. The proofs were clear about the Kiri thing, so there wa nothing to argue about. But I'm also a friend of peache and concordia. So I hope Kenzie gets rehabilitated. An apology is necessary, that's clear. I hope she is not too proud to excuse herself.

On the other hand, it may was a little - A LITTLE - ways to strictly to ban her, so she has no chance to apologize on this way. Dispute is there to be settled and therefore a medium is necessary.

Don't listen to the mad man, who posted this. It's just my opinion^^

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

In my opinion, you did act right. I know Kenzie, and I like her, but I saw a border as she started the discussion in staff chat. The proofs were clear about the Kiri thing, so there wa nothing to argue about. But I'm also a friend of peache and concordia. So I hope Kenzie gets rehabilitated. An apology is necessary, that's clear. I hope she is not too proud to excuse herself.

On the other hand, it may was a little - A LITTLE - ways to strictly to ban her, so she has no chance to apologize on this way. Dispute is there to be settled and therefore a medium is necessary.

Don't listen to the mad man, who posted this. It's just my opinion^^

She was banned from the forums for posting in the forums telling people to leave the server in a status.  She was not banned from the server.  She herself broke forum rules.

Maximilian Arelle
  • Maximilian Arelle
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 311 posts
  • IGN:Maximilian Arelle

Ah ok, that was not clear for me.

Harry King
  • Harry King
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 175 posts