Backfire Poll

Started by SelfieSheep , Aug 31 2016 03:34 PM

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Backfire change? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want backfire rates changed?

1. Yes they are too high and should be lowered so more people can become great with spells (19 votes [36.54%])

Percentage of vote: 36.54%

2. No they are fine and people should very hard to get good with them (33 votes [63.46%])

Percentage of vote: 63.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts
  • IGN:Oliver Roberts

hi guys :D vote on this thing

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

I vote they stay the same. With practice, you'll very rarely backfire most spells as it is. I think if you want a powerful spell like Alarte or Confringo, you should be prepared to work pretty hard for it, we all had to, and everyone else can too.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

I am in between. If they were reduced, witch I do not thing should happen, I think they should not be reduced much. That would be a little unfair to those who have had to get through it already like myself. That is my opinion.

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

I vote they stay the same. With practice, you'll very rarely backfire most spells as it is. I think if you want a powerful spell like Alarte or Confringo, you should be prepared to work pretty hard for it, we all had to, and everyone else can too.

I agree with this. Especially with that you can change the power of your wand to lessen the power of backfires, I don't think they need to be changed. You should have to work hard to be able to achieve more complex spells.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

@Lunaris Unless I am getting things wrong this is not backfire chance, this is unsuccessful rates.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

have fun at tier 9,10,11 guys :D 

tier 9 it took me around 10 hours spam to nonverbal

tier 10 I spend 15 hours nonverbal that (yes I keept an eye on how long it took) 

tier 11 I have spammed for 1.5 hours and not even 1 sucess so far even tho I got 22 nonverbals and is gifted in transfig. and I got 1 nonverbal in ea. tier :) 

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

have fun at tier 9,10,11 guys :D 

tier 9 it took me around 10 hours spam to nonverbal
tier 10 I spend 15 hours nonverbal that (yes I keept an eye on how long it took) 
tier 11 I have spammed for 1.5 hours and not even 1 sucess so far even tho I got 22 nonverbals and is gifted in transfig. and I got 1 nonverbal in ea. tier :)

These spells are meant to be hard though, you're turning a human into an owl for crying out loud. I think it's perfectly fine that you'd need to practice this much, no pain, no gain.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

tier 1-8 are fine but the main problem is the tier 9-11 since two of the tier (9+10) were made before tier-system where there was put an insane backfire on those spells since we did not want anyone to be able to cast those spells. but since it changed and we got tiers and owners able to "lock"- some spells that are not ment for users then I dont see the point in having to spell spam for 15hours just to get 1 spells nonverbal. 

reamember guys this is only at tier 11, there is 15 tiers in total aka tier 15 maybe 25-45 hours of spellspamming to nonverbal 1 of them? :I 

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

If you really need them reduced, then reduce 9-11, 1-8 is perfectly fine.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

but when you put in contens a spell dev. you want people to be able to use it right? as for now I am the only tier 11 guy on the whole server. I think thats a message to us that something in the spell system needs to be changed. 

since you want atleast 10-15% of the users to be able to use all content, fair that not everyone is in to spells and stuff but only 1 person is in my mind a clear sign that something needs to change

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

yo this is a discussion since I want to hear what you guys think and talk about this :) I think it should change and I would like to hear what you think. and then talk about it so we come up with something that most of us agree upon :)

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

i agree with oliver on this one the backfire and unsucsessful rate is rediculas for t9 and up like oliver said hers the only t11 and only 2 t10 players on the server i really think it should be reduced 

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

As I said, perhaps the 9-11 spells could be reduced, but 1-8 doesn't need it at all.

SelfieSheep
  • SelfieSheep
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 204 posts

but again, idk how great this pole is because I got no way of telling who is tier 9 or 10 so far and know what they are taking about since you will need to have tried those spells to know whats its about :/

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

But remember the poll is for backfire in general, not 9-11. And yes, I am Tier 9 so I do know what I'm talking about. :P

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

Oliver, make two questions to the poll. Have one be:

Should backfire be reduced for Tiers 1-8?

Yes
Maybe
Maybe Not
No

Should backfire be reduced for Tiers 9+?

Yes
Maybe
Maybe Not
No
I am not sure because I am not Tier 9+

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

I agree with @whiteNnerdy234 on this. Basically, keep tiers 1-8 the exact same, but possibly change 9-11. Or better said, 9-15 since I believe, @SelfieSheep, that Pandetta is tier 15? Right....? Im not dumb am I.... :P

DragonLover18
  • DragonLover18
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 35 posts
  • IGN:Aneliz Knight

i feel that it'd be nice if it was reduced, but by reducing the rates it also reduces the feeling of accomplishment

Elsa Ollivander
  • Elsa Ollivander
  • Student
  • 672 posts
  • IGN:Elsa Ollivander

As much as I hate backfires, it'd honestly be really boring if you could stop backfiring quickly. I had to cast Vicis Vulpes many times to be able to cast it successful, so why should future spell-casters cast it more easily than me? Spells in tiers 1-8 shouldn't have reduced backfires, but spells in tiers 9+ should be reduces ever so slightly. Like what @DragonLover18 said, reducing the backfire rates would reduce the feeling of accomplishment. I don't spam spells for 30 minutes (yeah that's not a lot tbh xD) just to stop it from backfiring. Challenges are what make spell-casting more fun.

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

we not talking about t8 down this is more about t9 up cause the difficulty changes drasticly once you hit t9 like yea its post to be hard but not as hard as it is from t9 up 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users