Started by Aquilonn , Sep 04 2016 05:10 PM

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

So I've fought a few trolls since returning, and because I was curious, I let one hit me, and unarmored, it only did like a heart. So I was thinking, what if in addition to 'Lost Trolls' there are also 'Elder Trolls' that can carry Diamond Shovels or something re-textured as clubs? I think these things should do like three hearts a hit and would make trolls seem a bit closer to as threatening as they are in the movies and books. I was honestly a bit disappointed with how little damage they did despite their immense size, and hope they will be improved to be a bit more of a challenge to aspiring hunters. ^_^

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

@whiteNnerdy234 Our mob system is currently 'in beta' which means we plan on modifying it more and more to make mobs suitable.  If people think some of the 'tougher' mobs don't do enough damage or need more skills, we certainly can provide.  Everything is a WIP for balancing the mob system.

Cris
  • Cris
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 320 posts
  • IGN:Cris Anna Malfoy

Sometimes they do more damage. One once left me at 1 and a half hearts or so with one hit.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

Over all I think all the new mobs are fairly week. Example I can easily kill a dragon on my own in like 5 min. They should be hard so you NEED to hunt in a party system. Just my opinion.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Over all I think all the new mobs are fairly week. Example I can easily kill a dragon on my own in like 5 min. They should be hard so you NEED to hunt in a party system. Just my opinion.

I will add more abilities to mobs to make them more difficult.

Maximilian Arelle
  • Maximilian Arelle
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 311 posts
  • IGN:Maximilian Arelle

I also really miss, that an attacked dragon not really try to hit the attacker. It just fly up and down and maybe leave a one block fire or hit you with the tail. Is it possible to let the dragon spit something like a fire beam or at least a track of fire and ash on the ground? That would make the fight against a dragon more .... epic ;)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

I also really miss, that an attacked dragon not really try to hit the attacker. It just fly up and down and maybe leave a one block fire or hit you with the tail. Is it possible to let the dragon spit something like a fire beam or at least a track of fire and ash on the ground? That would make the fight against a dragon more .... epic ;)

dragon is supposed to but it is currently bugged.... i am getting sick of repeating this

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

So I came up with some other suggestions for different mobs as well as far as special traits go.

Large Kneazle: As a cat, I think they should have constant Speed I so they are essentially unaffected by Slowness, this would make them a bit more dangerous to handle up close since we cannot cripple them like other mobs with Slowness.

Sinister Kelpie/Dark Thestral/Smol Unicorn: Give them "auras", or rather have them inflict a certain effect on any nearby entities depending on the mob type. Kelpies I think should give Slowness, Thestrals should give Nausea. Unicorns I think should give Regeneration II to players with a Good alignment and Poison II to players with an Evil alignment. I think this makes sense since Unicorns would sense the good person and naturally try to help them. :)

FroschThink
  • FroschThink
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 205 posts
  • IGN:Josh Dun

I wouldn't say poison II for unicorns. Probably Nausea or something, as a Unicorn has never been shown to cause evil people to start dying just by being around them. However, for nausea, you could give the excuse as "That person is so evil they get sick just by looking at it."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users