Harassed and Assaulted by Jake Evans (Username Jake402)

Started by Ian McGregor , Sep 13 2016 10:49 PM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ian McGregor
  • Ian McGregor
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:crazyspike01

While I was at Hagrid's hut killing a sheep I was approached by Jake Evans and his friend (didn't see their name) who proceeded to repeatedly cast a tickle spell on me. When they finally stopped I cast a tickle spell on his friend because they were casting it on me. He then started to cast Bombardis spells at me which brought my health down to a half heart. After that, he prepared his Avada Kadabra spell and threatened to cast it on me if I didn't leave Hagrid's hut.

Jake Evans
  • Jake Evans
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 78 posts
  • IGN:Jake Evans

You know "Avada Kadabra" isnt a spell on Knockturn right?

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

Hello Ian! Thank you for bringing this situation to staff's notice in the appropriate place!

So from your given situation, it sounds like you were cast upon and in return you cast back. You both were using Rictusempra, a harmless spell, upon each other and then Jake joined in with Bombarda, a harmful spell. Situations like these happen a lot here on Knockturn. The issue is usually two-sided.

When someone casts on you without permission, they are in fact breaking a rule listed here:

"The casting of spells on any individual that does not wish it will result in loss of points, kicking or banning.  You are absolutely not allowed to cast spells on anyone who does not wish it.  You should always ask beforehand. An exception to this rule is inside the Forbidden Forest. Here casting spells IS allowed and cannot be punished."

The hard part comes with how the victim, you in this case, chooses to respond. You should first tell the individual that you do not wish to be cast upon, or ask a staff member online to tell the player not to cast on you if you wish. By casting back however, you are encouraging them to continue casting on you if they believe you are okay with it or want to duel or whatever. Essentially, it aggravates the situation- as it did here as Jake joined in to 'protect' his friend or for whatever reason as he saw you both casting on each other.

I can speak to Jake about casting on others and remind him about the rule as well as his friend (could I have this person's username or name too?). That's about all we can do. All three of you can work out an apology if you feel its necessary. Hagrid's Hut, while technically not in the Forbidden Forest, is really close to it too so I would suggest being careful around there and be a wise wizard :)

I would not title this as harassment though at this point. Harassment is a repeated offense towards a specific targeted individual. If this same player casts on you again, then it can be considered.

Ian McGregor
  • Ian McGregor
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:crazyspike01

His username is Jake402

Lorlynn
  • Lorlynn
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Lorlynn Stone

I am the friend, and I would like to point out that I did not cast a thing. I didn't take screenshots though, because I didn't think that me being there would count as me casting on him. He thought I casted on him because I was hiding, I believe. 

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

I'd like to point out three things here.

First, there was no "harassment" involved in this, just casting.

Second, casting on someone is a role play offense and according to this thread here http://forum.knocktu...ist/#entry40957, reporting a role play offense is unnecessary.

Third, casting on people in the Forbidden Forest(Hagrid's Hut is considered part of the Forbidden Forest I'm fairly sure) IS allowed and cannot be punished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users