46 replies to this topic

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

@Veara Titan 
Cito Spiralis should also be added to the banned spells list since it makes it impossible for a person to cast while under its effect.

I also feel that the wand to a chicken spell should be banned unless it has already been banned idk, kthxbai <3

I was thinking about banning this, I just wanted to see if any players would think of banning Cito Spiralis first though. I'll add it to the list.

Also Ninja something, Congregate Anates is a bugged spell as of now, so it shouldn't be casted anyways. Casting it during the tournament will obviously get you in trouble for casting a bugged spell.

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

@Veara Titan so if bob cant showand other people there could i get a ub u never answered my question and b and what about umbreao nothing to counteract a 2min blindness

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts

@Veara Titan so if bob cant showand other people there could i get a ub u never answered my question and b and what about umbreao nothing to counteract a 2min blindness

a) If you're lucky enough that someone in your Group is online, AND they're willing to duel with you, then yes, they can substitute for Bob.

b) Umbreo will not be banned because the whole point of that spell is to have Blindness you can't take away, but not so long that it's very very annoying.

Kaoiyr
  • Kaoiyr
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 54 posts
  • IGN:Vincent Marius

Team Member 1 Roleplay Name: Vincent Marius

Team Member 1 IGN: Kaoiyr

Team Member 1 Tier: 9

Team Member 2 Roleplay Name: Fritz Ignis

Team Member 2 IGN: FlareFritz

Team Member 2 Tier: 11

Team Name: Monopoly

Seph
  • Seph
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 152 posts
  • IGN:Seph Prion

What are you talking about. The battles will be 1 team against another team, which is, in total, 4 people dueling at once. I fully agree with Ollie's logic that if one person is stuck, the other will defend.

I don't really see how the 'other' will defend? I thought it was clear that Protego with an Orbis was a bad combination in general. That also means if a person has been cast on with Orbis, and a teammate tries to defend with a Protego over the affected person, then the Protego will still deplete itself. With that said, once the Protego has been depleted, that teammate will then be left vulnerable to be also cast on with another Orbis, unless you allow Protego spamming.

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

@Veara Titan so u want some1 running around for 2 mins blind........... thats how long it lasts u can loose a duel in 3 secs and your willing to let some1 stay blind for 2mins!!

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts

I don't really see how the 'other' will defend? I thought it was clear that Protego with an Orbis was a bad combination in general. That also means if a person has been cast on with Orbis, and a teammate tries to defend with a Protego over the affected person, then the Protego will still deplete itself. With that said, once the Protego has been depleted, that teammate will then be left vulnerable to be also cast on with another Orbis, unless you allow Protego spamming.

@Veara Titan so u want some1 running around for 2 mins blind........... thats how long it lasts u can loose a duel in 3 secs and your willing to let some1 stay blind for 2mins!!

The thing I don't want to do with this tournament is ban a bunch of spells. Last tournament, a bunch of spells were banned, and dueling was a bit constricted. This time, I'm allowing more spells because I feel it will create more interesting duels. 

In response to Seph, the kind of defending I had in mind was not casting a Protego over the Orbised player, it was more so attacking the other player, possibly even by Orbising one of them back. Also keep in mind, a good amount of time, the person that is Orbised can still cast, and they will probably be Episkying themselves. I'm not saying that the Orbis won't affect the team mate it's casted on, because people cast it for a reason, I'm saying that it can be defended against. This is also disregarding the fact that the player that gets Orbised might get "bugged" and will not be able to cast. That is a problem, but if you really want Orbis banned, then ask others to like your reply. If I see enough likes, I'll add this spell to the Banned Spells list.

Also Bella, I'm not going to go around and tell you how to defend yourself against Umbreo, so you'll just have to figure out a strategy to fight against it. Maybe keep up Protego when you're not doing anything in the duel.

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts

@Veara Titan veara it will always be the same thing in high teir duels cause we all know whats op and what not umbreo orbis baub sectum dead not banning spells wont make a variaty we will still keep doing the same spells cause no point in doing other spells when those do it best and all because they have somthing broken about them or over powered orbis u can get bugged most of the time umbreo cause no counter and your blind for 2 mins!!!! baub casting on ground makes it poison and makes u depelte your shiled still sectum stacking damage and can go threw walls and no range cap..... throw in a few episkeys and apparates and u got a top teir dueilist u want a duel with variety ballance spells that need to be balanced and nerf the spells that obviously need to be nerfed

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts

@Veara Titan veara it will always be the same thing in high teir duels cause we all know whats op and what not umbreo orbis baub sectum dead not banning spells wont make a variaty we will still keep doing the same spells cause no point in doing other spells when those do it best and all because they have somthing broken about them or over powered orbis u can get bugged most of the time umbreo cause no counter and your blind for 2 mins!!!! baub casting on ground makes it poison and makes u depelte your shiled still sectum stacking damage and can go threw walls and no range cap..... throw in a few episkeys and apparates and u got a top teir dueilist u want a duel with variety ballance spells that need to be balanced and nerf the spells that obviously need to be nerfed

You're referring to 1v1 duels, which SOME of this is true. This is a 2v2 duel, and strategies are different! I recommend coming up with some strategies in your 2v2 duel.

But I am leaning towards banning Umbreo, because this spell should be countered with Nullum Obscuro.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

@Veara Titan, let me explain to you, as the creator of the spell, what it's meant to be. It is meant to be unstoppable blindness, but that being said, it is meant to be much shorter and I intend to cap it to be much lower soon. If you make it counterable, it loses what makes it different than Obscuro. As for your logic, I don't understand it either. Unbanning spells doesn't make varieties, it just means they'll use that spell. There is a set meta, Bella is right, and banning the spells in it would encourage variety, not keeping them allowed since most duelists gravitate to a handful of spells.

If you were to unban Alarte, you can bet every duelist in Tiers 7+ who had it would use it. But by banning it, you force them to use other damaging spells. By banning Umbreo, you are forcing them to find other ways to cripple their opponents, if you allow it, why would they use Umbreo which is two minutes of unstoppable blindness, over Obscuro which someone with Nullum Obscurus can get rid of in ten seconds?

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts

@Veara Titan, let me explain to you, as the creator of the spell, what it's meant to be. It is meant to be unstoppable blindness, but that being said, it is meant to be much shorter and I intend to cap it to be much lower soon. If you make it counterable, it loses what makes it different than Obscuro. As for your logic, I don't understand it either. Unbanning spells doesn't make varieties, it just means they'll use that spell. There is a set meta, Bella is right, and banning the spells in it would encourage variety, not keeping them allowed since most duelists gravitate to a handful of spells.

If you were to unban Alarte, you can bet every duelist in Tiers 7+ who had it would use it. But by banning it, you force them to use other damaging spells. By banning Umbreo, you are forcing them to find other ways to cripple their opponents, if you allow it, why would they use Umbreo which is two minutes of unstoppable blindness, over Obscuro which someone with Nullum Obscurus can get rid of in ten seconds?

Don't forget that Umbreo's "secondary effect" is AoE-type blindness, as in it can blind more than one person at a time. But I will probably be banning this spell, so people stop fussing over it :P

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Don't forget that Umbreo's "secondary effect" is AoE-type blindness, as in it can blind more than one person at a time. But I will probably be banning this spell, so people stop fussing over it :P

Stop fussing over it? That's a pretty interesting way to say we got you here. :P Anyway, that's not enough to make it viable if Nullum Obscurus was to begin affecting it, since one Nullum would nullify it.

Harry King
  • Harry King
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 175 posts
  • IGN:Harry King

I want to join, but im missing a t6 partner to fight with me, any t5/6 peeps want to join me?

Draco
  • Draco
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 605 posts

Member 1; Draco Schoenheit

Tier; 9

IGN; DynamX_

Member 2; Sean Stone

Tier; 9

IGN; youngheartattack

Team Name; NATO

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

Member 1; Draco Schoenheit
Tier; 9
IGN; DynamX_

Member 2;
Tier; 9
IGN; youngheartattack

Team Name; NATO

Offically sign up ended Yesterday 6 PM EST so idk if you will qualify D:

EDIT: It is next week xD I am messin up today xD

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

Offically sign up ended Yesterday 6 PM EST so idk if you will qualify D:

EDIT: It is next week xD I am messin up today xD

Love you too <3 lool

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts

So far, we have only 5 teams signed up! If we don't get enough teams, the tournament won't be as fun, and there will be only Group 3 teams battling.

There's also only one Group 1 team :3

Start signing up guys! :D

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

@Veara Titan There was talk about the time changing to 4:00 EST? Can that be confirmed or denied?

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts

@Veara Titan There was talk about the time changing to 4:00 EST? Can that be confirmed or denied?

The time of the Tournament will be changed from 3:00 PM EST ---> 4:00 PM EST.

HarryB
  • HarryB
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 37 posts
  • IGN:HarryB

Member 1: Harry Barnes

Tier: 5

IGN: _Bammm_

Member 2: Spark Chambers

Tier: 6

IGN: ReganR