Chris
  • Chris
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 121 posts
  • IGN:ChrisVD

POPULAR

How do I make a shop???

Listen up because I'm honestly tired of teaching this to people. To make a shop (probably in Diagon or Knockturn Alley) you need to use the aTrade system. Some find this difficult. It may be, but only until you get the hang of it. To make this you need 2 chests, 1 redstone dust, 1 sign, the amount of money you plan on charging people, and the item(s) you plan to sell. For this basic tutorial we'll be selling a diamond for 2 sickles.

Place one of your chests. This is where we will be putting the 2 sickles. (Once the shop is properly set up this is where the money will go when someone uses your shop.)

wexauYS.png

Then you place your other chest. This is where you put the diamond for sale. (You put 1 and then once the shop is properly set up we will add more. With books it's recomended that you use "Copy of Original")

vqcsTr3.png

Then you place the sign. The first line NEEDS to say [aTrade]. The second, third, and fourth line can say whatever you want it to. I usually Put the item name in the middle two and the price on the fourth. 

JhPOWrQ.png

Now comes the fun part. You hold the redstone dust and left click the first chest. It should look something like this:

zXypwce.png

Now do the same with the second chest:

Qg7dDuU.png

Now do the same with the sign:

P1bE462.png

Now you can add more diamonds to the second chest. The shop should now run smoothly. If the [aTrade] ever turns red like so:

smpTBu3.png

Check to make sure that the item(s) are stocked. That's usually the problem. If you have any questions you can ask me if I'm avaliable. Enjoy your new shop!!!

Gnarizard
  • Gnarizard
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts
  • IGN:Jerryl Williams

I read through and I wanted to ask for additional information.

You can go to Gringotts to convert G/S/K to $$$ (The /money) and back but this $$$ will not transfer over to the towny world if you got it in the Hogwarts world.

If I wanted to charge $$$ in my town for things in my shop, or have an ATM that converts Galleons to $$$, how would we go about making charging $$$?

bellatrix_sinta
  • bellatrix_sinta
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 119 posts
  • IGN:bellatrix_sinta

Is it possible to sell stuff for $ on atrade?

Draco
  • Draco
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 605 posts

I read through and I wanted to ask for additional information.

You can go to Gringotts to convert G/S/K to $$$ (The /money) and back but this $$$ will not transfer over to the towny world if you got it in the Hogwarts world.

If I wanted to charge $$$ in my town for things in my shop, or have an ATM that converts Galleons to $$$, how would we go about making charging $$$?

Is it possible to sell stuff for $ on atrade?

Wow.. Necroposting much? I'm surprised a mod hasn't caught you already.. However, this is against the rules.

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

Wow.. Necroposting much? I'm surprised a mod hasn't caught you already.. However, this is against the rules.

This is why Mini-Modding is not allowed- you are wrong. Necro-posting does not apply to pinned topics. This is so that people can ask questions on the important topics. I am offended by your rudeness towards the jobs Moderators do in regards of browsing the forums. Please do not attempt to enforce forum rules again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users