Started by Aquilonn , Oct 02 2016 05:09 PM

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

So, I came up with an idea while role playing. We are a role play server, and when role playing, the more real you can make it the better. At the moment, if you're wearing robes and catch fire, no biggie, your robes are still fine, but that's not all that realistic, is it? So I was thinking, since I know items can have different textures depending on durability, why don't we make it so if you catch fire and your robes sustain some damage, your robes look a little roughed up as well? I think this could certainly not hurt and would enhance a role play experience. :)

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

I think this is a pretty cool idea, just a little aesthetic addition for roleplaying and stuff! I like this, but maybe only for leather armor, so in towny if you have armor, if you're battling, you don't want your opponent to know what durability your armor is at. 

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

I think this is a pretty cool idea, just a little aesthetic addition for roleplaying and stuff! I like this, but maybe only for leather armor, so in towny if you have armor, if you're battling, you don't want your opponent to know what durability your armor is at.

Oh yes, of course! This would only apply to robes. :D

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Aside from the fact that this takes coding work to identify every item a user is wearing when catching fire, but this also requires texture artists to modify the robes multiple ways and for the code to coordinate with the exact damage values for the robes.  The likely hood of this happening over doing other features such as gringotts vaults is very slim.  Sorry, but we have stuff that give better quality aspects to the game on our priority list.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

That makes sense, I didn't expect this to be put over other priorities, but just maybe something cool to do later. I just wanted to mention though that I didn't mean this would only happen upon catching fire, just if the robes take damage, the fire was just an example. :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users