Started by Aquilonn , Oct 07 2016 02:43 PM

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

So, @SelfieSheep and I were talking and had an interesting topic at hand: Casting in the Forbidden Forest. We were talking it up and a particular grey area emerged, is casting to kill allowed? Killing is of course not allowed around the Main World, but neither is casting on people, but since casting is allowed in the Forbidden Forest, I think it makes sense killing would be too.

This topic came up as I mentioned that many people kill each other in the Forest, either just as a joke, an all out duel, or to fulfill a vengeance. I also mentioned that Expelliarmus allows stealing of a wand(as far as we know), when it would otherwise be punishable, so wouldn't it make sense that spells should allow killing when it would otherwise be punishable?

Feel free to leave your opinions/points and hopefully we can find a clear answer to this grey area. :)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Intentional Killing in the forbidden forest is not really permitted if the other person doesn't consent, but it is difficult to determine what is an accident or what is on purpose so for the most part if there is no confirmation you cant get punished, but if you follow someone and spam spells on them when they said to stop it falls under harassment.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Intentional Killing in the forbidden forest is not really permitted if the other person doesn't consent, but it is difficult to determine what is an accident or what is on purpose so for the most part if there is no confirmation you cant get punished, but if you follow someone and spam spells on them when they said to stop it falls under harassment.

Would it still be considered a role play offense if not falling under harassment and therefore not punishable if reported on the forums?

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Would it still be considered a role play offense if not falling under harassment and therefore not punishable if reported on the forums?

If its not harassment and it is not reported on the forums it is not something to be done.  If it is reported on the forums with evidence strong enough we will take actions.

R4Z0R_EDGE
  • R4Z0R_EDGE
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 31 posts
  • IGN:R4Z0R_EDGE

Hey, this is Razor, i actually just joined the server yesterday and this morning when i wanted to come back online i got this...

I dont know what its about, i know i used protego onces or twice but no one told me it was a bug, please i did not mean to harm the server or anyone at all. I luv the server so much i can't really wait another day! please <3

Unban the Razor :3

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

Hey, this is Razor, i actually just joined the server yesterday and this morning when i wanted to come back online i got this...

https://gyazo.com/a4...bb08632516bc257

I dont know what its about, i know i used protego onces or twice but no one told me it was a bug, please i did not mean to harm the server or anyone at all. I luv the server so much i can't really wait another day! please <3

Unban the Razor :3

If you want to post a ban appeal do so in ban appeal section, otherwise it will not be considered.

R4Z0R_EDGE
  • R4Z0R_EDGE
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 31 posts

If you want to post a ban appeal do so in ban appeal section, otherwise it will not be considered.

This isn't a ban appeal

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

This isn't a ban appeal

(I know this is not where to post it) Your ban ends some time today....it was a temp ban.

R4Z0R_EDGE
  • R4Z0R_EDGE
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 31 posts

(I know this is not where to post it) Your ban ends some time today....it was a temp ban.

I don't know what you're trying to say but if my posts bother you free feel to leave the thread :D

- Kindest regards R4Z0R_EDGE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users