Update

Voice / Text Chat

Started by Pandette , Oct 10 2016 03:29 PM

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Change Voice service (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer us to use as our main method of communication?

1. Discord (18 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Teamspeak (22 votes [52.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

3. Facebook (2 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Do you think that staff should be required which of the following to be staff:

1. Discord (17 votes [40.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.48%

2. Teamspeak (23 votes [54.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.76%

3. Facebook (2 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Gareott Rimma
  • Gareott Rimma
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 614 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Rimma / 1toughninja

Pande who did you get the free ts from

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Pande who did you get the free ts from

Teamspeak...............

Gareott Rimma
  • Gareott Rimma
  • Student
  • 614 posts

..... you do know there are other websites that get you free teamspeaks right

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • IGN:Nomsy Savage

To all whom may have issues with Discord and bugs and features:

When our teamspeak license is revoked hardly anyone will be allowed on because it is full. As for the discord perm bugs they do not exist anymore. I use to not advocate discord but since the bugs I had issues with were fixed I have no problems with it.

Discord is free, easy to use, and all you have to do is click a link to use it for free forever.

For staff, it would be much easier to consolidate into one app that can be more private and functional and less annoying than Facebook.

I will be able to create music bots as well as a bridge bot for chat, link even more stuff to the server we could not before, and even have house colors.

I understand teamspeak being wanted because it's familiar but the truth of the matter is its still buggy, and it's well older than most of you and bugs back then still persist to this day. That is my input.

Gareott Rimma
  • Gareott Rimma
  • Student
  • 614 posts

Thank you Nomsy i have Changed my vote <3 also you do know there are already Discord Music bot's made right

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • IGN:Nomsy Savage

@Gareott Rimma Yeah, I made 6 of them and continue to contribute to the main 3 on github...

Ninja__Bob
  • Ninja__Bob
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 121 posts
  • IGN:Sami Starling

Now that's I've test Discord it seems kewl so Im good either way (TS and Discord that is) (FB ish ew)

Cora
  • Cora
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

I know few of you will care about my opinion, but for those of you still sitting on the fence..

Discord is simple and easier to use, and as many above have said; free. The app rarely affects fps (unless you own a toaster, in which case nothing can save you), and I find Skype causes more lag than Discord (fps as well as ping). There are other benefits as well, such as being able to pay attention to more than one server at a time, a better variety of permissions and groups, a cleaner layout, being able to chat privately with Discord friends and being able to be in a conversation in multiple chat channels.

All up, I just think it would be better for the server, a lot easier to use and moderate.

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

Discord is really nice, I love the way it's run, but there's one thing about it that I dislike. The channel you join doesn't have a text chat associated to it, like Teamspeak has at the bottom of the client. A great portion of our community doesn't like talking, so uses the chat instead, but without it, they're stuck taking a harder or spammier way of communication. If Discord gets a feature to open a text chat on the side called "Channel", and only people in your channel can see it, that'd be amazing (In my opinion).

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Discord is really nice, I love the way it's run, but there's one thing about it that I dislike. The channel you join doesn't have a text chat associated to it, like Teamspeak has at the bottom of the client. A great portion of our community doesn't like talking, so uses the chat instead, but without it, they're stuck taking a harder or spammier way of communication. If Discord gets a feature to open a text chat on the side called "Channel", and only people in your channel can see it, that'd be amazing (In my opinion).

I agree with this.  I however like that discord has everyone in one big chat channel & I think you can open chat channels with ppl in your channel in a private window too.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

@Katna Malamius they seem to be planning on making this a feature from the looks of it.

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

If it becomes a thing, I'm all for Discord.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users